Chapter Thirty-One

Hey everyone! 9k reads!!! thank you so much! Also, I'd like to mention that if anything in the story is confusing or you have a question, feel free to ask. I'll get back to you. Enjoy this extremely long chapter and COMMENT!

xoxo

______________________________

Delia

.

.

.

It was getting colder than ever again. Snow was falling and Christmas was about two and a half weeks away, meaning I'd have to be away from Draco again. I was looking forward to seeing Lupin and Tonks but it would be weird without Harry, Ron and Hermione. I frowned and brushed the end of my quill against my lips as I attempted to complete my 10 page essay for Transfiguration. I was doing alright in the class last year but I couldn't understand much this year with its increased difficulty, so I went to McGonagall for help. I'd been gifted in my ability to write essays much like Hermione but she was better.

The thought of Hermione brought a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. She was like my sister, Ginny too. All I could do was hope that she'd be safe along with Harry. A letter flitted towards me and once I opened it, I recognized the gentle script immediately.

I miss you. It's getting harder and some days neither of us have hope. It's exhausting. I miss Ron terribly and I can't help but feel like I'm at fault somehow. How are classes? I miss writing on my parchment and editing each other's papers. Take care of Ginny, for Ron. Wherever he is. Harry too. Be safe and burn this once you finish reading. Be careful of who you trust, Delia. They're watching.

I sighed and tossed the letter in the fireplace, watching its black edges curl under the flames. Ginny plopped down next to me and I gave her a small smile.

"Hey is that a new one?" She cocked her head at the fireplace and I nodded.

"She misses him and feels like it's her fault somehow. I'm also supposed to take care of you." She smiled and shook her head.

"I'm not a baby, you know."

"I'm to take care of you for Ron. And Harry." Her eyes whipped to mine at the mention of Harry's name and a pained expression overcame her face. Her eyes watered slightly and she looked down.

"Do you think he'll be back?" Ginny choked out. I put my hand over hers and looked at her earnestly.

"He'll be back. He has to." She nodded and chuckled, trying to diffuse the tense air that fell over us.

"I forgot, Malfoy was looking for you. Something about Dark Arts homework." I rolled my eyes and huffed, taking out the homework from my bag.

"I suppose he'd like to copy."

"Why would he ask for you though?" I froze and my heart skipped a beat in my chest. Was she catching on?

"H-He threatened me last class and is forcing me to give him the homework for that class."

"Why don't you just tell him to piss off?" I scoffed, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Oh yeah, and who will I tell? The Carrows?" Ginny frowned, realizing I had a point and I got up.

"Be careful with him. Don't forget who he is, Delia." She warned, narrowing her eyes. I nodded.

"Yeah. I know who he is."

He's the boy I love with every fiber of my being. I walked out of the common room and down the staircases when I bumped into someone.

"Jesus fuckin-Oh." I looked into Draco's grey eyes apologetically and a smile tugged at the corners of his pink lips.