one.

Los Angeles, California

Dinah Jane:

"Alright! That's a wrap!" I shouted out to my crew after successfully directing a music video for a very great friend of mine, Karina Pasian. She's an up and coming artist and my team and I have been working close with her to produce music and to put together her first music video.

Karina stepped down from her previous mark on set and walked over to me. "Oh gosh, Dinah thank you so much." She said sincerely as she hugged me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around her. "No need to thank me kid, I told you that I'd give you the best. You did a great job."

For her to only be 22 she was a hard worker and was always ready for a challenge. She's been singing since she was 9 and I met her when she was 16 and I was 19, the age when I first started working closely with my dad and his friends on music. That's how I ended up where I am now. Sadly my dad passed away and left me in charge of everything, now I'm 25 years old and I'm known by many for the work that I do.

"Well I really appreciate you for being there to help me make this dream come true Dj. Really, you're like the big sister that I never wanted but I'm glad to have you."

"Awe, K. Don't make me blush." I said with a grin as I wrapped my arm around her and walked us over to my office where my best friends Ally and Normani were sitting.

I've known the two of them since middle school and we've been inseparable ever since. I enlisted them as my partners the moment that I found out that my dad left the business to me. Ally handled every meeting that I've ever had as well as kept me on my toes with time management. Normani on the other hand she was my hype-woman, and the one who kept up with who I'd be working with.

"Hey guys." I said as Karina and I entered the room.

Both Ally and Normani greeted us with hellos. "Karina you did a fantastic job girl." Ally said as she stood to hug the taller girl.

"Yeah girl, you did great." Normani chimed in.

Karina hugged her back and thanked her. "Thank you Ally, thanks Mani...oh shit I have to go to class. Dinah I'll call you."

I nodded. "Alright, kid be safe." I called out to her as she grabbed her bag from my office chair and ran off.

I sat down at my desk and started to check my emails.

"I like that girl, she's young but she knows what she wants." Normani said.

"Agreed, Dinah has she always been that way?" Ally asked.

"Yes, as far as I can remember. Hey do I have any meetings set?"

Ally shook her head. "Not at the moment. But Miguel wants you to produce a music video for the remix of Waves featuring Travis Scott...you just say the word and I'll give him a call."

"Hell yeah! Tell him yes. Normani anyone on the list for production or studio time?"

Normani went through her work phone before speaking, "Nothing at the moment, but you should get started on that mix, did you forget about the annual summer bash at the end of August?"

Aside from producing, I DJ as well. Its not something I do on a regular but I took classes and workshops for it as a fun hobby and I'd occasionally get asked to DJ at parties. The annual summer bash was my regular gig though and it's a lot of fun. I didn't really bother picking a stage name for myself. I thought it was pointless since my nickname is already DJ, so Normani and Ally decided that I should be called Dinah-Dime. I didn't like it at first but its the name that so many people recognize me as so it's what I'm sticking with.