twenty-six.

Dinah Jane:

When they came to take her to the hospital I refused to leave her side. Lance and Normani's dad had to hold me back when they wheeled her into emergency surgery. I was a mess. Seeing her like that was just too much for me. Deep down I knew who had done this but that didn't matter to me right now. Lauren and our baby mattered and I just want them to be okay. What hurt the most though was the fact that Gabby and Taylor saw Lauren nearly bleed to death, since we've been here in the waiting room Taylor hadn't moved or said a word and Gabby wouldn't stop crying for Lauren, she wouldn't even let me hold her. Thankfully Mama Drea got her to fall asleep after a while. I just don't know what I'll do if Lauren doesn't make it out of this. I need her.

X

"Dinah she'll make it out this." My mother said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I should have just gone outside myself Ma...this wouldn't have happened." I mumbled.

"Baby you didn't know...she didn't know. Whoever did this we'll find them."

I lifted my head from her shoulder. "I know who did it Mama...it was Amber."

My mother's facial expression turned into one that I couldn't read. "Dinah I told you not to mess with her since the moment you brought her home...she's crazy."

I sighed. "I see that now...and I regret it but I got something great out of it. Gabby, and I'm so glad that I have her but I-I can't lose Lauren or our baby." I said before I broke down and cried again.

She sighed. "Baby girl she'll be fine."

X

We've been sitting here for two hours and I didn't want Gabby to stay here all night so my mother took her home and Taylor decided to go with her. Normani, Camila, and Ally stayed behind with me. Lance insisted that Ally be here for Lauren while he took the twins home. I appreciated having my friends here with me but I couldn't stop thinking about what could happen to Lauren or the baby.

"DJ, you should eat something. I'm going to the cafeteria do you want anything?" Ally asked.

I shook my head no.

"Ally, just get her something she needs to eat." Normani instructed. I wanted to tell Mani to shut up but I just wasn't in the mood.

"Amber did this..." I mumbled after Ally walked off.

"I can rip her weave out for you."

For the first time since the incident I smiled all thanks to Camila. "Thanks...but no. I just wish I understood why though. Lauren hasn't done anything to her."

"It's because she's a crazy bitch. Think about it Dinah she tells you about Gabby before she turns three, no, she leaves her at your door, tells you not to contact her, then Zendaya spies on you for her...it's her way of wanting you. She's messy and to her she can't have you if Lauren is in the picture. She knows that Lauren is perfect for you, and that you're happy with her but she doesn't care. She's not happy and she wants you to suffer."

I looked at Normani and sighed. "Well she needs to stop because I don't want her. She broke my heart and I don't want her. Lauren is who I see myself spending the years to come, with."

"For Lauren Habanero?!"

We looked up to see an elderly doctor walking towards us.

Camila groaned. "He didn't even try."

I rolled my eyes and stood. "I'm her girlfriend is she okay? What about the baby? Is the baby okay?"

"Hi, I'm Dr. Langston...Lauren was released from surgery 30 minutes ago. She had three fractured ribs, which should heal in due time. Her right leg was broken but is now fixed, and she lost a little blood...but-"

"But what?!" Ally called out as she hurried over to us.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Normani rolled her eyes. "Sir could you just finish telling us about Lauren Jauregui please?"

"Oh right...we had to perform an emergency c-section but your son is fine...he's healthy but will remain in NICU for a while. You'll be able to see him tomorrow."

My son.

"Y-you were going to say something else about my girlfriend?" I asked.

He nodded before looking down at the chart for a moment. "Yes, I'm sorry but due to the fall, she'll suffer from long term memory loss."

What the fuck?! No it's not fair!

I nearly collapsed but Normani and Camila caught me. "Um, thank you doctor...could you give us a minute?" Ally asked calmly as they guided me to a seat.

A loud sob escaped from my mouth and in that moment I just let every emotion that I felt go. I needed to cry, this is just all too much. My girlfriend may not even remember me or my kids all because of a crazy woman who just can't seem to let shit go and move forward with her life.

...

Thanks Tay. 💯

🌚😈