twenty-nine.

Lauren:

It's nearly midnight and I haven't heard anything from Dinah. She left nearly 5 hours ago and not only am I worried about her but I'm worried about Normani too. What the hell are they doing?! Camila is just as worried, especially since Mama Drea came up here with Gabby and Taylor asking me if I had heard from Dinah or Normani. Hell even Ally, and Milika showed up. I knew that something wasn't right I just hope that Dinah hadn't gotten herself into trouble. I wish that there was something that I could do to help her.

X

"Could someone please try calling her again?" I asked.

Milika sighed. "I just tried honey, for like the 35th time in a row."

"Where did she tell you that she was going?" Mama Drea asked as she comforted Camila who was crying in her arms.

"She didn't say, when  but just said that she had to take care of someth-oh shit." I mumbled.

"What is it?" Ally asked.

My eyes went wide. "Amber hit me with her car...that's where she was going. To find out why...oh gosh no." I said as I began to cry.

Milika sat on the bed with me and allowed me to cry on her shoulder. "Lauren, Please don't worry about Dinah. She's fine. She fights for the people that she loves and she will not stop until she gets answers."

"Oh my gosh!" Taylor shouted causing us to look up.

Standing at the door was Normani with a sleeping child in her arms. Camila jumped up and ran over to Mani. "Baby I was so worried about you...who is this?"

Normani took a deep breath. "I'm fine Camz...his name is Devon and-"

"Wait...Devon Coleman? My nephew?" Milika asked. "Why is he here?"

"Because...we found him locked in a dog cage...you need to call 911 now...Lauren do not panic bu-."

I shook my head. "Where is Dinah?"

"At Zendaya's...Lauren it wasn't Amber it was Zendaya. Dinah's locked in a basement and sh-"

"What?!" I shouted.

What the fuck is happening?!

X

Dinah Jane:

"You can't hold me here forever Zendaya...all I want to know is where Amber is." I said calmly as I tried to loosen myself from the rope she had tired around my wrists.

While we were down here with Devon he explained to us how Zendaya would beat him for small things like being too full to finish eating, if he left a toy out forgetting to put it up. Then she'd make him sleep in the dog cage for days on end with little or no food. Amber knew but never said anything until she snuck him food today. He says his mother did something to her but she locked him in the basement before he could find out. You could see the terror in his eyes and the hurt but he was such a strong little guy. It really hurt to know that my own 6 year old cousin had to deal with this. My mother and I would always do so much for him but Zendaya eventually stopped bringing him around us.

I couldn't bare to see him like this so tore that cage open with my bare hands wrapped my coat around him and ordered for Normani who was so shaken up, to hold him until I could find a way to at least get the both of them out. I could have just gone up to bust the door open but I couldn't risk putting Devon in harms way so I only had one other option. The basement windows were boarded up but that didn't stop me from prying them open. Once they were opened I lifted Normani up so that she could climb out first, and then take Devon out. The space was too small for me to fit through so I ordered for Mani to not worry about me and to just go back to the hospital to get help. Sure she could have just called 911 but I wanted to handle this on my own...or try to at least.