eleven.

Dinah Jane:

We haven't spoken since that day. She's already left for New York and she won't answer my calls. I've left voicemails, I've left text messages which she's read but still she won't speak to me. Maybe I deserve it since I kept pressuring her to tell me about my pass and because I didn't give her a real reason as to why I wouldn't go to New York with her. I just wasn't ready to tell her.

After that horrible day in New York I promised myself that I would never go back again. Sure it happened when I was 17 but that was a day that I never want to speak of again, Lauren deserved to know though but how do I tell her? When I tell her will she think that I'm weak? Will she ever see me the same again? There's just so many things running through my head and the fact that I miss her doesn't help at all.

X

It's a rainy Friday afternoon. Gabby and I are just lounging around the living room watching cartoons and eating popcorn. We've been like this since this morning just chilling in our pajamas. Of course I constantly checked my phone for messages from Lauren, instantly becoming pissed when I saw her posting pictures of herself on Instagram and tweeting.

One tweet in particular really set me off and I wasn't sure why because all it said was that she was on her way back home to LA.  I can't take this anymore. I need to talk to her, the fact that she is ignoring me is really getting to me.

Sighing loudly I pulled out my phone and called Ally.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ally, are you busy?" I asked.

"Never too busy for you dear. What's wrong?"

"Your cousin is being stubborn and is ignoring me and I know she's sending me to voicemail. Her ass is on Twitter and posting pictures to Instagram but she can't even bother to send me a text."

"Oh I know. Dinah please don't tell me that you didn't go to New York with her because of what happened after graduation?"

I sighed. "It is Ally...I was attacked and almost beaten to death....how am I supposed to tell her that. Then I pressured her into talking about her past she finally told me that her mom died and that she doesn't know her dad. I didn't realize how hard it must have been for her to say that until she started sobbing."

"Dinah, I told you that it takes time for her to open up. Yes her childhood wasn't the greatest and neither was yours but DJ you had it way better than she did...both of you have skeletons and you're both very stubborn but you're more open to talking about certain things in your life-aside from Gordon's death and what happened in New York-but you can't just expect her to be so open with you. Give her time Dinah. Bring Gabby to me, she can spend the weekend here with me. I know you wanted me to watch her, and then you go talk to Lauren."

I smiled slightly and took in every word that she said. It was true, my fathers untimely death and what happened in New York were two things that were tough for me to talk about without breaking down.

"Thank you Ally."

"No need to thank me, but um could you bring me some McDonald's? Two Big Macs, a large fry, a sprite and a vanilla shake? Thanks you're the best."

I laughed lightly and stood from the sofa before turning off the television. "Sure Ally."

Gabby glared at me before sighing. "Dinah! Turn back on!" She shouted at me.

Ally laughed in the background.

"Excuse me? No. I'm mama. Dinah isn't he-"

She stood from the sofa and stomped her feet. "TURN BACK ON! Now!"