ten.

Dinah Jane:

My baby girl has been with me for three days now and she's already so attached to me. She's my little twin for sure and even likes most of what I like and tries to do everything that I do. Still, I didn't understand how a mother could leave her child behind and of course I tried calling Amber but she sent me to voicemail. Gabby is what she wanted to talk to me about and I really wish that I had called her months ago because maybe then I would have had already known my little girl. But she's here with me now and I'll never leave her side. I took her to meet my mom and her aunts and uncles yesterday and she cried when it was time to leave. My mom cried when she met her first granddaughter, she even gave my kid permission to call her whenever I told her no. Great, I wouldn't be surprised if Gabby actually does it. But I think it'll be tough telling her no.

X

Today I wanted to take Gabby shopping for more clothes and furniture for her room. Lauren went home the day before yesterday because she felt that I should enjoy time alone with Gabby. I'll admit that I missed Lauren but we talked every night before bed and I'm going to go pick her up today so that she can hang out with us. It hadn't dawned on me that I haven't told Ally or Normani about their niece yet and I'd have to do it today or else I'd end up in a headlock again.

X

"Mama!" Gabby shouted from the back seat of the car.

I turned down the radio and looked at her through the rearview mirror, eyes widening as I looked at her shirt that was now covered in grape juice. Way to go Dinah for putting a two year old in a white shirt and giving her grape juice. "Yes princess?"

"Lolo come too Mama?" She asked.

"Yes we're going to get her now. What happened to your juice?"

"All gone. Where go too?" She asked.

I chuckled. "The mall to go shopping then we'll eat and you get to meet your aunts today. Okay?"

"O'tay...mama?"

"Yes baby?"

She smiled and giggled. "I love Mama!"

My heart fluttered. "Mama loves Gabreyella!" I shouted back causing her to laugh harder.

"You are so silly, oh look we're here." I told her as I pulled into the parking lot of Lauren's apartment building.

"Yay! Let's go mama! Come on!" She screamed as she tried to get out of her car seat.

"Alright, alright." Cutting off the car engine I hurried and went to let her out, picking her up before she could run off.

She's more excite to see Lauren than I am.

"Lolo! I he-" I covered her mouth before she could scream again.

"Whoa, you know for someone with such a tiny voice you're really loud. Quiet down babe you don't want to wake up everyone."

I carried her inside of the building and down the hall to 104. Once I got to the door I pulled out my spare key and unlocked the door, sitting her on her feet as as I opened the door.

"Run free little butterfly." I said with a smirk as she took off running into the apartment.

"Lolo! I here!"

My heart fluttered at the sound of Lauren's raspy voice, happily greeting my daughter. "Hi nugget! It's great to see you. Where's mama?"

I followed the sound of her voice and now found myself standing at her bedroom door watching as Gabby rested her head on Lauren's chest. My poor baby looked so tired, I knew that I shouldn't have let her stay up so late.