twenty-four.

Lauren:

"Okay Ms. Jauregui, last shot and you're good to go. Cover your breasts and place your right hand right under your stomach."

I did as told and held my position as the photographer took my last photo for the day.

I had informed my previous agency of my pregnancy and I had started getting calls from different people asking if I would be willing to do photo shoots showing off my pregnancy. At first I didn't feel comfortable but after a push to do it from Dinah I decided to just go for it. This is my 12th shoot this week. It's different from what I'm used to but it's so fun, and I've met mothers who have literally given me so many gifts for the baby and for Gabby.

"Alright we're all set. Thank you so much." The photographer-Mitch-said as he walked over to help me down from the platform I was currently standing on.

"Oh no thank you for giving me this opportunity." I responded with a smile.

"We hope you'd be willing to come back, maybe for a family photoset."  He said as he placed a robe around me.

"You do know that I'm with a woman right?"

"I'm well aware of it Ms. Jauregui that doesn't matter here. No family is like the other and that's what we look for here at Parents. How about we set something up?"

"Sure. I'd like that, I'm sorry to cut this short but I'm exhausted and I'd like to get home." I said as politely as possible.

Mitch nodded. "Oh of course. You have a nice day."

"You too." I said as I shook his hand and walked off to get dressed.

X

Finally, I'm all done for the day and I'm on my way home to eat that burger that I've been craving since this morning. Home. I officially moved in with Dinah and Gabby nearly two weeks ago and I know for a fact that Gabby loves it. Whenever I come home I can always expect her to be sitting by the big window with her fat face pressed against the glass waiting for my car to turn into the driveway. The moment she sees me I can hear her scream for me before she darts towards the front door. It's so cute to see and it makes my heart feel fuzzy. I just hope this baby is as energetic as she is.

Lately, I've been having this uneasy feeling and I'm definitely feeling it now as I'm turning down the street to get home. I can't explain the feeling but I don't like it. It's almost as if someone is watching me and no matter how often I turn to check, nobody is ever there. It's weird as hell, but maybe it's just me being paranoid for no reason.

I pulled into the driveway but instead of Gabby waiting by the window she was out front playing catch with Dinah. She hadn't seen me so I decided to surprise her. I stepped out of the car and quietly walked over to her.

Dinah was about to speak but she stopped and nodded her head when I held my finger up to my mouth.

"Mama! Watch it I kick the ball really high."

Dinah smiled and looked down. "Okay, let's see. Kick it babe."

Gabby sat the Doc McStuffins ball down in front of her and kicked it as far as she could and ran towards the front door to pick it up.

Dinah and I cheered and when Gabby turned to see me she threw the ball and ran to me. "Mommy! You home. Hi!"

I smiled and picked her up. "Hi princess. I missed you so much."

"I miss you too mommy. Kisses?"

I nodded and gave her an Eskimo kiss.

"Why are you two so cute? My heart, I love it." Dinah said as she walked over and wrapped her arms around us both.