sixteen.

Lauren:

How the hell could I have not known?! Well I did know...for a month now but I was too afraid to tell her. Sure I didn't think that Dinah would be a dead beat, in fact she wasn't the reason why I was so afraid to say anything. I'm the reason. The thought of me having a child is just so surreal and I honestly think that I wouldn't be a good mother. I've always had this fear that I'd be like my mother. The thought sounds crazy considering that I'm nothing like her at all. It's just that I've been through so much bullshit throughout my 24 years of living and I wouldn't want my child to experience anything even remotely similar to what I had.

This all feels like a repeat. Dinah hid something behind my back, and now I'm doing the same to her. It's totally unfair and I honestly feel like an idiot for breaking up with her. That wasn't easy. I cried for a week straight and flew out to Florida in attempts to take my mind off of the whole situation, still I found myself starting at the dorky texts from Dinah and the goofy photos that we took together. How could I have been so stupid? She made a mistake, sure she could have told me but thinking about it now I blew everything out of proportion.

X

I sat in KFC across Normani who had been staring at me for what felt like forever. I had just told her the news and I can't tell if she's pissed or happy. Why I'm even telling her is surprising to me but lately I've found it easy to talk to her about certain things and she's always giving me her best advice...or none at all, it really just depends on how Normani is feeling.

"Normani please say something?"

"Okay...Camila is your best friend. Why haven't you told her?" She asked.

"Are you seriously asking me that? She can't hold water."

Normani sighed. "True. Girl. I should just drag your ass around by your hair."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "W-what why?"

"Um because you've known for a month. Why are you just now telling Dinah about this?"

"I was afraid Mani...I just-I don't know and then it didn't help that I was already ignoring her." I said as I tried to reach over to take a biscuit from her.

She smacked my hand and rolled her eyes. "You and Dinah get on my damn nerves. Lauren just hop on the dick and make up already. You both had unprotected sex, she obviously freaked out because she's never done that before, hell she's never done a lot of shit before, not until you came along. You have to understand that although Dinah is smart as hell and graduated high school number 1 in her class with a 4.8 gpa and a full ride scholarship to Yale which her dumbass didn't take...she does dumb shit. Also I'll admit that I may have said some foul shit about you and her having a one night stand but I realize that I have no room to talk because I slept with her cousin who is probably the thot commander in chief...anyways, moving on. Lauren hear what she has to say."

I just looked at her for a moment before scoffing. "Let me guess...you told her that I could have an STD? Choke on a dick Normani."

"Seriously Lauren I'm sorry." She said sincerely.

"It's okay Mani...but you know that there is this thing that Jesus does...it's called sharing..." I said as I eyed the biscuit.

Normani groaned. "I asked you if you wanted one. You told me no. Pregnant people are the worst. Here damn." She handed me the biscuit.

I thanked her and took a bite before turning my face up in disgust before tossing it back to her. "Ewe, here you can have it back."

She caught it and sat it down. "Unbelievable. Yeah you're pregnant for sure. Ally does the same shit."