twenty-five.

Dinah Jane:

Today is the day that I've been waiting on since Christmas; Gabby's birthday party. We decided to have it two weeks after her actual birthday. On her birthday Lauren and I took her to a toy store and let her pick out three big things that she wanted, then we had ice cream and cake with my mom and siblings. My baby girl is three years old now and she's starting to speak a lot more clearly than ever before, she's calming down, and she prefers to do quiet activities which I'm actually liking. Still she's sassy as hell and occasionally thinks it's funny to ignore me or talk back. The years ahead with her are going to be adventurous I can already tell.

X

"Dinah!"

I turned into the direction of the voice and smiled when I saw two familiar faces. My sister Kamila and Taylor.

Last month I arranged for the two of them to be here for Gabby's birthday party and I'm currently picking them up from the airport now. Angie and Sasha couldn't be here so they sent Gabby a shit load of Christmas and birthday gifts instead. It took a little convincing to get them to allow Taylor to fly out on her own but I reassured them that she'd be fine, plus I sent Kamila to go get her so technically she wasn't alone.

"Hey!" I said in excitement as I engulfed the both of them in a big hug.

"DJ...too tight." Kamila groaned.

"Oh, sorry. Wow how are you guys doing?"

"Great."

Taylor nodded. "Yeah, wow this airport is huge."

I chuckled and guided them to baggage claim. "Just wait until you see LA kid. Kamila did you make the call for me?"

She gave me a thumbs up. "I sure did. I asked mom which hospital was supposed to um... you know? For dad...she told me to call Seattle Grace and ask for Amelia Shepherd."

"Y-you guys are really going to try and help me get a new heart?" Taylor asked as her eyes began to tear up.

I nodded. "There is no trying. It's going to happen. The waiting list at Miami General isn't going to cut it."

Taylor began to cry as she hugged the both of us. "But why?"

"You have a full life ahead of you girl, you deserve this. Dinah when I talked to her I explained everything to her and she's going to request Taylor's files from Miami General and then she'd give you a call in about a week."

"Great, well until then let's keep hope alive. Taylor do you have your medicine?"

"Yes, can we go and surprise Lauren now? I really miss her."

I chuckled and grabbed their bags from the carousel. "Sure, let's go."

X

When we got back to my place I had Taylor hide in the kitchen while I went into my bedroom to wake up Lauren and Gabby. But to my surprise they were already awake.

"Mommy when my sissy gonna get born?"

Lauren chuckled. "When is she going to be born...soon babe but we don't know if it's a girl or a boy."

After Lauren's fourth ultrasound we decided that we just wanted to be surprised and wait to see what the gender of our baby would be. Everyone who asked called us annoying for deciding not to find out but we didn't care. We ended up having a gender neutral baby shower which Lauren tried so hard to skip; claiming that she was allergic to people. I don't know what her deal is but lately she's been really grouchy.

"Hey babies."

They turned to look at me. "Hi, is your sister here yet?"

I nodded. "Gabby let's go see Kamila."