Chapter 7

Spidey stared at him, eyes wide with shock and a hint of horror. The expressed disgust plucked a nerve in Wade in a way that made him shrivel a little on the inside.

Needless to say, Wade was pretty sure that he'd have to alter the relationship status with his soulmate. The game that was still up and running on his device, mocking him as the emote menu remained active as he stared up at the brunette. One more negative emote would surely tip the balance in their ever-so-delicate budding relationship.

[Told you something would go wrong] White snapped. [Now look, you've ruined everything again because you don't think that maybe listening to the box literally named logic in some contexts is something that could be beneficial. Why don't we go dig our grave while you're at it? He's going to hate us now. Why didn't you listen the first time when I said to just run away. To just leave this guy alone. If he had any sort of interest in us beforehand, it's long gone now that he thinks we hunted him down.]

(Cool your shiz balls, let's see what happens first.)

"...Peter?" Wade asked an octave or two higher than he'd intended. He offered a pitiful grimace.

He couldn't let Yellow take over here. It was obvious that Spidey didn't appreciate his self-directed depreciation. He had a feeling that would piss the spider off more than he already probably had. His soulmate's hazel eyes were becoming hard to look at as he tried to convince himself to act as if it were the stranger Peter Parker he'd planned to meet and not his soulmate.

" Yes?" Peter asked carefully. The photographer glanced around warily as if expecting something to jump out at him from behind.

[Can't exactly blame him. I'm sure he thinks we're tracking him down with the intent to do our schtick.]

(Pew Pew! Pew!) White offered hintfull sound effects.

" I... er. " Wade paused to collect himself before starting again with a new tone. The one he used to discuss particularly important jobs with clients. A calm and dangerous tone.

[Because he's a moron. Seriously, you'd think maybe that would be a poor way to talk? He's scared of us and you go and make it sound like his fears are coming true.]

(OR so people around us don't notice that a well known mercenary is practically trembling at this guy's feet.)

Wade resisted chastising the trembling comment.

"I need to speak with you."

Peter stared at him, eyes hardening as he followed the act. "Follow me." His tone had a bite to it.

(See. He's got the idea.)

Peter turned, leading Wade away to an elevator that was already headed to the third floor of the building. The person already standing there eyed Wade's getup and then Peter. They didn't say anything but wade could imagine they were wondering where Parker got ahold of all these crazies clad in red.

When they all stepped out Peter led him the opposite way of the stranger to lead him down an empty hall before using his super spider strength to unnecessarily shove Wade into a custodian closet.

The small space was cramped with all the shit that was laying on the floor real-estate, and that was before Peter shoved his way in after Wade. The merc was standing on his toes to try and put some distance between them. Or to at least give Peter room to stand without being touched.

The silence was deafening between them as Peter stared into Wade's soul despite the white glaze of his mask between them. He had to fill the quiet before it killed him. "You had to pick a supply closet? Nothing innocent happens in a closet, haven't you ever been on the internet?" Wade laughed nervously as he tried to push himself further back into the shelves only to push over a bottle of cleaner with his shoulder. Lucky it was closed . . .