Chapter 26

" No Wade I don't have time to drop you off. I'm going to be late if I don't go strait home," Peter says as he swings towards his apartment.

" Can't you at least let me down?"

" Only if you jump."

Wade lets out a defeated sigh. " So what? Going to drop me off on your roof and then leave me to find my own way down?"

" I was going to be nice and let you into my apartment so you could figure it ot from there. But if you want to go on the roof-"

" No, I accept your invitation into your home." Wade quickly says.

Peter looks around before he lands by his window and pulls it open before climbing in accidentally not ducking low enough and making Wade's head smack into the window, knocking him off in the process. Lucky for them the Merc has good reflexes and hauls himself in.

" Sorry I didn't mean to." Peter calls, all ready stripping his mask and and staring in his shirt as he runs to his bedroom to change.

He hurried back out dressed in black jeans and a plain shirt, lab coat in hand along with a couple folders.

" you can stay if you want, just don't break anything okay. I'm off at eight. Later." Peter says running out the door, surely leaving a befuddled Merc standing in his living room. Normaly Peter wouldn't let someone just into his apartment for any reason, but being Wade knows who he is and has let Peter into his home for the past month it only seems fair that Peter would trust him in his own.

Peter hears Deadpool call or something out after him but he doesn't quite understand it as he runs down the hall and stairs.

________________________________________________________________________________

Peter rushes into his shared laboratory thirty seconds after one o'clock. He sets his stuff down on his work space before letting out a Breath.

" You know. I'm sure if you started arriving half and hour early rather then half a minute late everyday I'm sure you could get premiered up to the private labs with that brilliant mind of yours. " Peter's co-worker, Mary says. " With how much much attention you get from Stark it's very possible. He doesn't even know my name and I've been working here full time for three years. And here he's always looking over your shoulder, you the new little intern."

" You really think that?" Peter asks, as he opens up a few files.

" Everyone does Peter. Honestly." Jeremy says from where he is sorting through data at his own workstation in the corner of the room from behind s computer.

A few hours later close to the end of Peter's shift The glass door to the small wing opens as the short billionaire walks in. Mary gives Peter a look.

Tony walks in sending a glance at the three chemists in the small lab before making his way strait for Peter.

Peter adjusts his white coat slightly as his boss approaches. " Peter can you come with me please? And bring your stuff. No, wait never mind. Leave your stuff you don't need it anymore." He says before leading a confused Peter away.

Mary roles her eyes as Peter looks back at them before the door shuts and Stark leads them to the elevator. He's pulled in.

" Uh, Mr. Stark-" Peter starts.

" Tony."

Peter gives him a dumb look before recovering. " Er Tony. Am I being fired? W-why am leaving my stuff? Are you taking me somewhere?" Peter asks

" Your being promoted. I need an assistant and Banner is busy with his own work." Tony says simply.

" So. When I'm done I can go back?"

" Done? I won't be done with my work until I'm dead, you'll be done when your fired, or dead. Unless you quit. But I'm sure I can influence you to stay." Tony says.

Peter frowns, taking the information in. " Oh.. What about my hours. I'm supposed to be done off at eight which is in fifteen minutes."

" Oh they won't change. I just need you to hold something then you can leave for today." Tony says.

" Sir, Mr. Parker doesn't have a security clearance to be in the sector." Friday announces.

" Over ride. Parker works up here now. Give him level three clearance." Tony says stepping out foster the elevator finally opens after the request.

" Very well sir. Welcome Mr. Parker." Friday says.

" Thanks?" Peter responds trying to act surprised by the AI that he had come to know during his visits as his other self.

" Hey. Over here." Tony calls out to Peter from the other side of a very large room. This was Tony's Workshop rather then his actual Lab area.

Peter hurries over, looking around seeing many thing had changed since the last time he'd been down here a month or so ago.

Tony hands him something that looks relatively dangerous and glowing with a light like the man's arch reactor. That's when Peter notices he's working on one of man Iron Man suits.

" Is this thing dangerous?" Peter asks.

" It's radioactive. No worse then standing next to Spider-Man though. I mean not that it's a good thing but it won't hurt you... Severely. Right now. " Tony says.

Peter pouts slightly from behind Tony's back. ' Jee. Thanks.'

Tony fiddles with something before telling Peter to place the piece into the chest plate of the armor.

" Speaking of the spider. Can you give him a message, Carrier pigeon, holograph, how ever you contact him. He must have lost his communicator or something because he's not answering,"

' Oh. Did I? Or was it just a. Radio active defect?' Peter Huffs knowing very well that he accidentally smashed it into a wall he collided with.

" I guess,"

" Great. Tell him he needs to get over to the avengers tower as soon as possible. I need to speed with him."

" Why?" Peter asks.

" that's for me to know and you to ask him," Tony responds.

________________________________________________________________________________

" Wade you still here?" Peter calls into his semi-dark apartment when he opens the window.

" Yeah over here in your kitchen."

Peter frowns as he looks to his left to see his Merc sitting on the floor chewing on a taco with a small box of rice next to him.

" I went and got food. Couldn't decide if I wanted Mexican or Chinese so I just got both. There's enough for you too. I mean god I hope. I got three times as much, if your still hungry after eating that then you'll have to fend for yourself." Wade says before taking another bite.

" You didn't have to do that." Peter says as he shuts the window behind him before walking into the kitchen.

" I know."

Peter isn't sure how to respond to the answer so instead asks a question. " Why are you on the floor?"

Wade shrugs. " Foods on the table. Should still be warm."

Peter looks back to his scruffy dinning table to see the bags of takeout. Wade was so thoughtful.