Chapter 60

" Did you hear about what happened to your old boss? He was found almost dead in his office. "

Peter hums a yes in reply.  As he tries to exactly sort out what had happened that night. The female is an unwanted Liability. She is a problem he can't easily solve and he doesn't trust her to understand. What could the large carnivore possibly understand about this.

'....Probably everything' Peter mentally huffs as he realizes the give away in his last thought. Carnivore. Hey maybe she's not a carnivore? Just a dangerous herbivore?

' With fangs and claws like that? Simple biology Peter. That doesn't makes sense. You know that.' Peter scolds himself.

" -y. You'd think security could handle the break in, but no they didn't even catch the guy on camera. S.H.I.E.L.D. Has even gone looking into it. With rd other man's death a few weeks ago compared to this one the attack is too similar to be to people. Fury's even addressed me to see if I could track the killer before he makes his next move. " Wade says while gently pulling Peter down onto the couch to sit on the others lap.

" Really?" Peter asks with interest while his Mercenary wraps his arms around his little one's waist. " If you found him what exactly are you going to do?"

" Well I haven't accepted the mission or anything. But I guess if I run into whoever is causing the problem I can take em' for them. "

Peter hums as he takes in the statement. He can't let the mercenary ever find out about what he does. He knows that it would be the end of him if S.H.I.E.L.D. Ever found out. He would be taken and locked up. There would be no more Spider-Man. He would loose his only remaining family.

A hole forms in his chest at the thought of May finding out. He could see the look of disappointment she would give him. The way she would shake her head while touching her nephews cheek for the last time before turning away for eternity as she leaves him to fall apart in his containment cell.

There would be no seeing his soulmate. Only his Stopwatch to remind him of his mistakes. Of his faults he can't help, he can't control. He would have to sit there and endure each alarm as Wade would forget about him. Starting his work again and being careless with his life once more.

Peter curls in slightly, his expression solemn as he stares at the city outside the window. No. He can't let this get out.

He'll have to wait a few hours to ensure his mental stability and no chances of the Spider to lash out when he goes to speak to the shifter.

The cycle the hunger sends him through is brutal. Being normally victim of a Memory lapse, unaware of what exactly what happens between the time he puts on the suit and walks away from a kill. He is conscious during it but only enough for his instincts to function and communicate with the world around him. He knows vaguely what goes down when he comes too after an incident.

Last night He was quite lucid for a portion of the attack. Well as lucid as one can be when your own body kidnaps its mind making the soul inside willingly commit to the actions while still trying to resist. Resist enough to feel guilty but not enough to regret.

' cause that makes sense '

" Hey. You okay?"

" Hm? Oh yeah. Just thinking." Peter replies after taking a moment to realize what the Merc is talking about.

" About what?"Wade asks in a tone that makes Peter feel completely guilty. You could hear the self depreciative thoughts in Wade's voice when he spoke like this. A moment where Peter knew Wade was worried it had something to do with thinking the spider will abandon him.

Because of this there was no way he could say ' nothing' or ' it's not important' because then the Merc will for sure think it's a bad sign.

" What should we name the cat?" He says instead.

" Well is it a boy or a girl?"

Both Supers look to the side at the kit frolicking around, neither sure if the answer.

" Think it's a boy." Peter says After a moment of watching from the distance.

" Girl." Wade corrects when the cat flops over to expose a white belly as it tries to kill the purple mouse.

" I was close." Peter says as he settles back again Wade to stare at the wall. " Could call her daisy."

" That's pretty common though. What about Pontuf?)

" Pontuf?" Peter repeats as he watched the cat.

" I don't know. Could pick a normal name but she just looks like a Pontuf to me." Wade says.

" No I think it's kinda cute. Pontuf."

Peter feels Wade smile in response. They sit together, silence not lasting long was Wade starts to fill it with a new conversation.

" White really wants to try something but I doubt you'd want to."

" Like what?" Peter asks.

" He really wants to see how good you are at clinging to walls."

Peter frowns. " What's that mean? You've seen me climb things before. You know I can stick to anything."

" Well yeah but he's been bugging me for the last like, i don't know maybe week in a half to see if you'd want to try something new. " Wade says trying not to see if the younger would catch on or not to which he received an unsatisfying questioning look as the younger turns in his position the the Mercs lap in order to straddle his legs and look at him.

Peter though confused at what the man is trying to get at notices the return of nervousness in the Mercs tone. As if he expected Peter to react negatively to what he was trying to suggest.

The fact the idea was coming stray from one of the boxes snatched the nod interest quickly even if he isn't sure what he's be asked of yet. " Why don't you just show me what you're trying to say?"

" Because I can't just show you. It's something that takes a team effort and I can't do it on a one man team."

" Then just tell me what to do and I'll do it." Peter says simply.

" I can't just tell you to do it I need your permission first. "

" Okay I give you permission."

" Peter! You can't just say that. You don't even know what it is. I could have been about to ask to skin the neighbors dog or something. " Wade says.

" They don't have a dog."

Wade roles his eyes. " Anyway. Can I have your ass tonight is what I'm trying to ask. "

Peter frowns again before relaxation dawns on him. " I give you permission on the terms that you're going to have to catch me and make me comply. We all know how much I'd rather borrow you ass then the other way around."

Wade gives him a slightly shocked look before smiling. " Kinky. I can work with that."

Something is killing all my pets:(

Not cool. It's killing my show chickens and that's not cool cause that's how I make money at the end of the year