Chapter 74

When Peter finally drifts back into sleep the mercenary finally leaves his side, comforted enough with the arachnid's period of consciousness satisfying enough to get up and do something.

[ dispite the late time.]

( technically early.)

" Technically I haven't slept yet so it's late." Wade responds after shutting the bedroom door behind him.

[ What are we going to do with her? ]

( Maybe she just bled out. Would save us a lot of time if we only have to get riding a body.)

[ She was already healing by the time we carried Peter off. It's doubtful she's still bleeding if her healing is anything like Peter's. Not that she really went into detail on how it worked. Said we should all just leave it to a coin toss and either way we are going to die one painful death when she gets around to it]

" Remember that little dialogue rant I had a few hours ago. Before I was stabbed and left to die here. Like really. I thought I conveyed the whole ' I don't die you douche' thing. Apparently not. " Max says in annoyance from somewhere in the apartment, obviously not where he had left the being earlier.

( Did she refer to us as a douche?)

[ We are obnoxious. And annoying.]

" Nor extraordinarily intelligent. " Max unwantedly adds.

Wade glares in the direction of the voice and maneuvers around various things, almost tripping over a rug he couldn't remember owning on his way to the kitchen. " You're like an unwanted and un-necessary intruding box. Get out of my head before Something is forcefully wedged into yours." He hears her laugh at the statement half heartedly.

He finds her laying on her back on the tile floor with a hunting knife and a package of swiss roles Wade truly had no idea where they ( the food) had come from.

" What are you doing? You can't just go around taking my stuff." Wade says bending over to snatch away his weapon from the disabled creature. The box of eternally fresh, pumped up sodium preservatives dipped in chocolate is quickly stollen away all but the one partially eaten in the Dargon's hand.

" Hey! I worked my ass off dragging myself over here to get those. You know how painfully Hungry healing makes you....Oh and your floor is dirty af. Like seriously do I look like a mop?" She asks gesturing to her now filthy dark S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniform.

" Wouldn't know. I've never used one. "
Wade responds taking note of the very distinguished colors on her front from the dirt and grime.

" Oh. Ha. Ha. Good one." She says with absolutely NO sarcasm as she rolls her eyes.

( Oh oh! I think that was sarcasm!)

[ Oh Jee Sherlock was it?]

( Yeah I think it was.) White says sounding quite accomplished of himself as the tone of Whites answer completely goes over his metaphorical head.

" You know that they are only just a part of you right. Deep down somewhere in your head you really thought that." Max says looking at the toe of his  boot before up at the box in his hand as he looks into it.

" I don't like you." Wade shamelessly   states as he takes one of the packages for himself.

" And I don't particularly give a rats ass. I like you." She says taking the last bite of the unhealthy snack She Haden't been deprived of.

" Why do you choose to like people that dont want anything to do with you yet you seem unfazed with the idea of  being rejected. You don't care and continue to help." He says lightly dropping one of the treats on the ground next to her before tossing the empty box away. " Look at where you're at. Partially paralyzed on a floor because of who you decided to trust."

" I can twitch my left foot on command. I'm getting better. Give me a good hour and I might be in the mood to free you from the weight of your balls. As for your question I guess you could ask yourself the same. You've been in the situation more so then I. Or at least as far as I can remember which isn't saying much."

Wade shrugs. " I don't really have an option. No one likes me except for the odd case like Peter." He glances down at her. " Oddly you, captain spangles and PigeonEye. Why don't you find people that will not hate you for some reason?"

" Oh please. I'm basically the grim reapers daughter. I'm not a creature of luck or prosperity. Im a dangerous animal of death and destruction. It's why there was the downfall of my race. Killed each other off until the humans could fend the rest off. Only reason I'm alive is because I'm an accident that was accidentally saved and now being punished for being such a thing."

" That doesn't really answer the question."

" Sucks for you doesn't it." She responds.

Wade glances at her before walking around the kitchen to set down the knife he had taken away from her and grab an apple that happens to be on the counter before lightly tossing it down to the dragon who observes it in her hand sadly before reluctantly biting into the fruit.

" You know he's only going to get worse if you don't do something. He's already gone from feeding maybe once a month, to every to week since he started ' eating' again. Soon it'll be everyday. If that happens then the override of instincts will wash over his humanity and he won't be Peter any more." Max says. " You need to help him. He won't listen to me. I'll be lucky if I'm not his next meal. "

" Have there really been that many deaths? How many has he gotten?"

" Well I caught just after he got done with Jameson. I looked into some old cases and a while ago I'm assuming the man must have been the first of the recent cases. Blonde found dead in his bed, cat missing according to his cleaning lady or what ever. "

[ .... Cat missing I believe no more.]

( That's slightly disturbing.)