Chapter 81

. . . Six months later

It had been a busy night. Full of crime fighting, slaughtering and death. One should understand that the recently deceased Merc had a perfectly understandable reason to  create such a humiliating squeal after waking up only to find himself surrounded by the body of a carnivore that looked quite ready to devour him. His mind just wasn't ready to deal with the situation. Dying takes a lot out of a person. 

Max on the other hand had found it almost startling with the way the man had reacted rather then amusing. It did dawn on her that he Haden't have actually seen her in full form but decided that was just a minor factor and she could give him shit later.

" I was doing you a favor. You where being eaten alive by the crows and pigeons. I may not be an expert but I'm 99.99% sure that that's my helping your healing factor out. " She says staring at the man still sitting on the ground.

" You could have woken me instead!"

" You where dead you dolt!"

And that's how their early morning atop a building in a minor Illinois city went.
___________________________

Now at around eight in the morning, the shifter trailing after him through the streets the mercenary was in possession of a fantastic headache brought to him by the one and only White box who choose this to be a fantastic him to sing trough the entire collection of Taylor Swift albums stored in memory.

" I see you can walk." He says in a dead tone. Quite understandable being that's what he was and hour ago.

" No thanks to you." She glares at him. " Leaving me unable to walk in the same room as your psychopathic soulmate."  She says running a hand through newly cut short, bronze hair. Short enough to be mistaken as a male from behind. He momentarily wonders why she cut it before pushing the thought aside for white to play around with, hoping to stop the singing.

Deadpool snaps his gaze down at the shifter. " What-

" He killed me three times in a mater of   Forty five minutes. But on the plus side the surge of adrenaline sped up the healing and I subdue him. But that's not my reason for being here. Not completely... You need to come back."

It had been six months since the Merc had let himself feel. He had remained hidden inside himself, unable to feel. Forcing himself into an emotionless mode. It had hurt so much less that way, but now that protective shell was starting to crack.

" Why?" He asks with a glare, trying to recreate and mend the fractures in his shield.

" Peter was detained."

" Why?"

" He was brought into containment two months ago-"

" What? Why!" Wade instantly demands.

" He went off the wall. It took us a month to track him down and he'd been causing trouble a few weeks before that. Forty dead, twenty in critical condition. "

" I didn't hear anything if it."

" No one did. We can't let the public know that. I'm surprised they didn't figure it out anyway. That many deaths and how poorly Peter started covering his tracks."

" Spidey was just in the news a week ago." Wade challenges.

" I was assigned as posing as him." She says glancing at the crowd before displaying a web shooter before quickly covering it.

" Why on gods green Earth would they put you? You're not even-"

" I'm the most adequate to replicate his movements and-"

" You're not a male. I'm pretty sure that would be noticeable with spandex. " He snarks.

" Ever seen Jurassic Park?" She asks.

It takes Wade a good two minutes of deep thinking to figure that one out before looking down at the shorter. " No shit." He shakes his head.

[ I don't know if we should be disturbed or impressed ]

( or even possibly turned on. Could you imagine if Petey could do that? Or maybe if he was even intersex. Now that would be-)

[ Back to why we have to return] Yellow interrupts White's fantasy.

" Point is, he's become even more mentally unstable with the combination of... Some additional factors to go along with the containment. He needs someone there he trusts. It's serious Wade. He needs help and we've tried everything else. "

Deadpool stares at the ground for a long time before speaking. " Do they know?"

Max doesn't answer, waiting for more clarification.

" About who I am to Peter?"

" No. Peter hasn't said it directly. I didn't mention it in my report." She says.

" Can't you get in trouble for that?"

She shrugs. " sometimes when it really comes down to it. They shouldn't need to know everything. They don't deserve to know what someone won't tell them and they can't find out. "

She looks back up at the silent mercenary. "..... You don't want to come do you." She says.

" No. I don't."