Chapter 24

Wade looks at the picture he had been given. How cute the way Peter's mask made him look as he held up the cookies in front of him while the lenses where completely dialated like he was looking at some sort of happy drug that he was addicted to.

" No I don't recall seeing where anywhere else." Peter says through the phone.

For what ever reason Wade felt like the fact that they where talking on the phone was another step. Like they weren't just texting for was an Actual vocal phone call.

" Well she said you would see her again. Could it be class? Work? " Wade asks still looking at the picture as he lay  taking up the length of his couch.

" No I know she isn't from work and I've never seen her in any of my classes... Unless." Peter says falling quiet.

" Unless?"

" I don't know. Those are the only real places I think-" Peter stops.

" What? " Wade asks slightly worried by the abrupt silence.

" I've been accepted for the internship." Peter says. " I've been requested to start tomorrow!" Peter exclaims in excitement.

" That's odd. Don't they normally give you a week or something-"

Wade is cut off by Peter's excited voice much to the Merc's amusement. " It was Tony Stark that actually replied. That's probably why I've been requested so soon. I know if he had something to do with it is be hired." Peter practically squeals.

[ Why did we get stuck with a little dorky nerd?] Yellow grumbles.

( Stuck with? You mean gifted with the fact that our soulmate is a beautiful little angle with a little sassy alter ego that can cling to walls. He has soft, and fluffy brown hair and pretty eyes. He's apparently very intelligent and is getting A what I'd hope to be a A+ job and he's only like what?)

' Said he's a freshman in collage so if put him possible at 19 or 20.'

( Yeah but he had classes done early so he could be younger if he jumped or skipped grades. )

[ And it's still early in the school year. Like Still August early. He might have taken summer classes to be as far along as he is now.] Yellow adds uninterested.

' Who knows.'

( Lord please he isn't jailbait.)

[ Why don't you just ask?]

" That's kinda stockerish don't you think?" Wade asks White.

" I know right? Like what's the big interest in him?" Peter responds on the other side of the phone.

Wade tenses slightly realizing how zoned out he had gotten with the boxes.

[ High five. Good luck with this, I wasn't listening and you two obviously weren't.] Yellow says in a flat tone before going silent.

" Uh. Maybe they just curious?" Wade tries.

" Well obviously. But to actually state flat out I'd get paid for information on Spider-Man is weird don't you think. Like seriously. He's asked me while I'm in cons time before but it's not like I'm going to give him answers. And talking to a photographer is a whole new level of privacy violation. " Peter says as Wade tried to figure out what he's talking about. There's clinking on the other side of the phone sounding like pots and pans.

" Peter are you making more food? After eating five of those huge things earlier?" Wade asks.

" I have a high metabolism."