Chapter 53

Peter pushes the door open, his mouth already watering in anticipation.

He closes the door behind him and envelopes the room in darkness. He skillfully makes his way around the room towards the sleeping form.

Peter Haden't done this in so long. His body practically hummed as he came closer. He felt more energized then he had in over almost two years now. He had held himself back for so long and the effects had showed.

He had an excuse now. A reason to let himself go. To let himself free of the confinements of compassion and moral rights. He was doing this for Wade. He wouldn't let someone like human ever try to push Wade down again. This man wasn't allowed to try and harm his soulmate any longer. And if Wade didn't like it, then Peter would say it was for his own benefit. Not that he would ever let Wade know what had happened. No. This was something Peter will keep to himself, just like he had kept the deaths of Ben's killer and MJ to himself.

Spider slowly moves aside the comforter covering the blonde. The man shifts slightly in his sleep but doesn't wake.

Peter cocks his head slightly to the side at the man as he takes in his features before moving his body to climb over the blonde to perch on the other side of the bed. His large lenses narrow ever so slightly as the man stirs as a result in the dip in the bed caused by the Spider's weight. The blonde opens his eyes and doesn't seem to understand what is I front of him due to the darkness around.

" Hi there." Peter greets, his voice far from its normal. Much more dangerous, low. His new character causing shivers to go up the stranger's spine.

" Who are you?" The man asks slightly hesitant as if not understanding the situation.

Peter giggles. " Oh. You don't remember?"

The man sits up as he tried to scoot away from the creature in his bedroom. Peter watches the man's hand as the blonde blindly reaches for his bedside table in the darkness. " No. Who are you?" The man asks as he manages to open the drawer on the table.

Peter watches the man's hand as it drabs something in the drawer. " Just Simone you've seen around. May have bumped into earlier.... Now, now. Is that a way to greet your guest." Peter asks as he looks at the barrel of the gun pointed in his general direction though the lack of the ability to see in the darkness makes it less of a harm as its not actually aimed at him. More to his side then anything.

A quick flick of the wrist has the gun in the floor and the hand stuck to the bed with a splatter if webbing.

" Spider-Man?" The blonde asks alarmed. Peter can see the whites around the man's green Iris as he Gawks. The scent of fear intoxication the teen as he raises the mask above his mouth to reveal light skin and pink lips.

" Close. But no. It's just. Spider." Peter replies in the same dangerous tone before lunging forward with his hands outstretched for the man's throat. Once the body part is in his hands he naturally reacts by deeply biting into the exposed jugular.

The man's yell is muffled as Spider begins to suck. He had learned that live prey tasted better then dead, warm corpses. Something about the taste of the blood changes when it's not still pumping. And besides with the heart pumping adrenaline and blood out with more force in the man's panic, Peter hardest had to do anything as he sucks the iron flavored, red liquid flowing from the wound. Spider hums as his stomach starts to fill with the rare but needed source. He could practically already feel warmth spreading over his body as missing needed nutrients flood into his body to be used. How he managed to live without feeding like this often puzzled the teen but he didn't care. Not that he was getting it he felt he wouldn't be able to last a long time. After feeding he stayed in perfect health for a good month before the rewards started to deteriorate and he became groggy, and easily cold from lack of iron and sufficient protein.

Once his prey stills and he feels ready to pull away now that he's fed he takes his time cleansing the scene to rid of any evidence of his presence or existence. Once done he places things used to clean in a small pouch made to carry such things before leaving the dead man in his room.

He closes the door after finding the Spider tracer he had planted earlier that day on the man before heading back towards the window he had entered from but stops when he hears a small jingle. Spider tenses as he looks for the source of the noise. A small tortoiseshell colored kitten chasing a small ball with a bell inside. He relaxes when the small animals pauses to look at him, letting out a small questioning mewl.

Peter kneels down a quick thought of feeding on the cute animals pushed away as he recognizes it as one he and Wade had looked at in a pet store while walking around the mall like they have done a many times.

" Well I can't just leave you here alone now can I." Peter says to the small cat as he picks it up. Spider smiles when the animal replies with a small purr. " Isn't that right."

Hmm.