Chapter 35

" I love kittens. They are so cute and fluffy. I wish you could just get a permanent kitten. They are so playful, small and warm." Wade says looking at into the window of a pet store at the little balls of fur on the other side. The baby's look up at their window towards the oddly colored human of the Deadpool mask.

" Why didn't you ever get one then?" Peter asks looking at a particularly adorable calico.

" Wasn't ever around enough to care for it. Past couple of years I've kept myself very busy. Only home a few days at a time. First day we met was the first time I'd been home in over three months."

" Three months? So are
You going to be leaving again?" Peter asks worriedly.

" Not if I have to. Might do some job for S.H.I.E.L.D. If they ask but otherwise I've set myself up for the next decade or so."

" You really did keep yourself busy. I can see why you didn't want to have a little companion to come home to. They probably wouldn't be there when you got back." Peter says quietly.

" Yup. But I have a kitten now." Wade says looking down at Peter without the younger ones notice.

" Really what's its name?" Peter asks. " Why haven't I seen it while I've been over or did you just get it?"

" Well he has got brown fur."

" It's a boy?"

" Well I mean I'm ninety percent sure. Haven't thoroughly checked yet." Wade says.

" You should probably do that." Peter responds while watching a pair of kittens hop around, play fighting.

" I really should. And his name is Petey." Wade says in a tone that couldn't be spoken without a smile.

" You named your cat after me?" Peter asks turning to look at Wade with a. Raised brow.

" No, it's you, you dork!" Wade says enveloping the smaller Spider in a hug.

" Oh..." Peter says with a blush as he's let go. " You're only ninety percent sure?" Peter asks after a pause, ignoring the odd looks they received from strangers who happened to notice the Deadpool mask.

" Well like you said. I should really check before I make my absolute verdict." Wade responds with a smile.

" Maybe you should later." Peter says glancing down at the ground in embarrassment when he doesn't receive a reply.

" Are you saying that seriously or..?" Wade finally asks, expression completely hidden by the mask.

Peter shrugs in response, worried he's said the wrong thing. Gloved Hands are placed on his shoulders casing him to look up at Wade.

" It's yes or no, I don't take a any other answer. This is a serious topic." Wade says quietly. " I know what it's like to be taken even after you say no, I don't want that to happen to you. Ever."

Peter stares at Wade unsure how to respond. What did Wade mean by he knew what it was like to be taken after you say no? Was his soulmate raped? Who had done it?

" Yes." Peter says trying to suppress his sudden emotion of hostility towards this newly learned threat. Someone who had hurt what was his.

He would find out who had done it.
________________________________________________________________________________

Peter moans into their kiss as Wade lays them onto the bed, hands around Peter's slim waist.