Chapter 9

__________

Peter 

Peter reluctantly helped the Merc up to his feet before glancing back at webbing that coated the man's leather back. It reminded him of how the man tried to walk his ass off the side of the building and Peter had to push down the urge to kick the man.

"That stuff better come out or ill be covering you in sticky white stuff." Wade muttered, trying and failing to sound funny.

"I hope you mean silly string." Peter glared at the man, settling for a cold tone in way of giving the smack that Wade deserved. What an annoyance. 

"I was thinking of something a little more organic."

"Whipping cream?" Peter knew he shouldn't respond. If he have the merc an inch he'd take a mile, but sometimes Peter also couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"Nope." the merc chirped, seeming far too happy for Peter's taste. He wanted the man to at least pretend like he was affected by everything that had just happened. Maybe this was a trauma response?

" Alright then." he sighed, closing his eyes and turning his head down to recollect himself. He had shit to do. He was about to add to his muttering only to be interrupted.

"Are you saying I can?" 

Peter opened his eyes, stared at his shoes for a second before casting a glance up at the merc who was waiting for his audience, clutching his hands together with a large smile across his face. "No." he answered clearly, all amusement vacant from his voice.

"Bummer."

"Just meet me here in an hour. Got it?" If you try to throw yourself off the side of another building, I will make sure you wish you never knew the kiss of death."

The mercenary went still and nodded with a slight shrug. 

Peter had done his own snooping on Wade, and he hadn't found anything great but he did understand the man was far from normal. Peter was going to have to watch himself in the future, be more careful with Wade's own mind. Whether Wade Wilson was dangerous to him was in the air, but there was no doubt that Wade was a danger to himself. Peter had to avoid adding to that even if he wanted to rip the man a new one.

__________

Wade

Wade watched Peter leave.

[look at what you've ruined. Sure he's being nice now. But Just wait until he starts to actually think about it. He'll come to his senses and then he'll get rid of us. We aren't worth his time. All we can do is cause him trouble and more suffering. We should just kill ourselves. ]

"But then Peter would be even more upset." There was intent in Peter's words. His soulmate did not want him so see death as an escape.

(But what if he really isn't mad like he said? What if it's really all okay?) White proposed hopefully.

"That's as likely as us saying we are completely sane and then expecting everyone to believe us."

White fell quiet, allowing Yellow to fill Wade's mind with more doubt and regret as the seconds ticked on.

Why did he have to be so stupid? Why didn't he listen to Yellow in the first place? Why couldn't he actually think things through before he did them when it came to things like this?

( We didn't know Peter was Spidey. There was no way we could have known that)

Why did Spidey keep lying to him? Why didn't he just do what anyone else would have by now and told Wade to hit the road? To get out of his life.

"Because he's probably too goddamn nice, to be honest."

Wade pulled out his phone after another fifteen minutes of conversing with the boxes. He decided to drain the rest of his battery playing the simulation game, making minor adjustments to the relationship status between he and his soulmate. Not for the better, but most likely for the best.

It depended on how one chose to look in on that situation.

__________

Peter 

He was relieved to see that the mercenary had in fact not left when he managed to swing his way back after a quick stop home for a change of outfit. The man was sitting on the edge of the building, legs hanging over the side as he looked down at something he was holding in his hands. 

" Hi," Peter greeted as he dropped down just behind his soulmate.

The man flinched. Actually he jumped, his entire body tensing. The sudden jerk sent the slippery surface of Wade's phone gliding out from between his leather gloves. It bounced off the edge of the building and plummeted over the side towards the ground fifteen stories down. He tried to jump to the edge of the roof and catch it, but he overcorrected his body weight and ended up toppling over the edge, but not without managing to flick a web out to catch the device as he grabbed the ledge of the roof to keep himself from taking the plumet. 

"Whoops." He muttered awkwardly as he pulled the webbing back, snapping it away from the back of the phone before offering it back to Wade. As he offered it back he noticed that two Sims were in the middle of a heated argument, one of the little dudes was getting electrocuted when Wade took it from him, turning the screen away to likely shut it off. 

"Did you seriously fling yourself over the edge of a building for a phone?"  Wade asked as Peter pulled himself back to the correct side of the building. The one that agreed with gravity at least, even if he didn't.

" Hey. I'm not one to throw away money. Phones are an expensive luxury, and I have a many times had to fling myself down towards the ground to catch my phone when my sticky fingers don't do their job of keeping the thing in my hand." Peter says hauling himself the rest of the way up.

Deadpool places the phone into one of his many pouches. " Sticky fingers? What where you up to that made them that way?"

"Oh shut up. You know what I mean." Peter shook his head. He should have chosen his own words with more care if he wanted to avoid Wade's choice of humor. 

The merc seemed encouraged for some reason, a smile overcoming his expressive mask. " I'm not sure I do. Is Spidey not as small and innocent as he seems?"

"What do you mean small?"

Special thanks to Patron Jade for their pledge. Their support has brought to you this edited edition of Stopwatch. If you would like to see more of Stopwatch edited in the future, consider pledging $1 to my Patreon. Link in bio.

(Originally published Aug 01, 2016, officially edited 2022)

Until next time~ Shadow-Assassin

Original Note:

Hey guys. Hope you like the update. Sorry that it's kinda choppy...Remember to comment and vote! Only if you wan to, I don't want to come off as pushy.

I need to know what you guys want in this story!!! Please tell me my sweet little readers

Have an awesome day, night, evening or what ever it is. And thank you for all of your support!