Chapter 55

Wade gets up off of his Spider so Peter can go slip on a pair of pajama bottoms before going towards the door. Wade picks up the kitten following his arachnid who had paused to wait for him.

Wade watches the muscles in Peter's back as he walks behind the teen as they both walk towards the kitchen to eat the awaited glorious pancakes.

[ Glorious might be over doing it.]

( Fuck off Yellow. If I say they are glorious they are damned to be glorious. )

Yellow gives an eye role at his fellow box as Wade places the cat down as Peter grabs syrup and forks while Wade goes for the food and extra plates. The breakfast is set on the table so they can sit across from each other.

While Peter walks around Wade notices small details about the teen that seem new. They way his skin seemed to be ever so slightly flushed to give a more healthy glow on the Arachnid's light skin, pale due to lack of sun exposure because of the constant cover of the spandex suit. They way Peter's slightly rosy cheeks lead Wade to look at his eyes which have seemed to be corn more vibrant in color,
No evidence of glazed over fatigue evident even with the Fact that thE Spider had just woke a few minutes ago would have been impossible to tell. Even Peter's hair seemed to have a more prominent, healthy sheen to it as Peter Turns on the morning news before sitting down.

( That's good. Maybe he's just been a little under the weather and just finally got over it.)

[ Under the weather for well over two months seems unlikely. Maybe he's taking vitamins or something?]. Yellow says putting no faith in White's idea.

Peter's hand runs over Wade's shoulders as The Web head touches him on his way over to his own seat. He notices almost instantly that the Spider doesn't have his trademark cold hands.

[ That's particularly odd. ] Yellow says eyeing Peter. [ Kitten in the bathroom, he looks better in Daily just general Heath, along with suddenly perfectly fine blood circulation? Those all only add up to something like eating a high amount of protein and iron to counter react things such as fatigue and blood flow at the same time. That is unless he has some health issue we aren't aware of.]

( He better not be hiding some important fact like that.)

[ But that still doesn't explain the cat.]

( Does that fact really matter right meow?) White asks before giggling to himself. ( Right meow.)

Wade turns to the news when the anchor catches his attention with-

" And a new story just developing with Katie Forman on scene. To you Katie."

" Thank you. This story has been developing since this early morning when the body of Josh Pierre was found dead in his home. The body was found by his house cleaner this morning when she came to start her shift. There are little details the police are announcing yet but there seems to be no explanation for death." Katie says while an image of a green eyed blonde appeared up on the screen above her head.

( Hey that's that little shit from yesterday.) White snaps.

[ That's odd.]

Wade looks at Peter who to his surprise seems completely uninterested in the man's abrupt death.

[ Again. Quite odd. He's always deeply interested in understanding cases like these, wondering what had happened]

" Yes I know that." Wade responds to Yellow in slight annoyance for continuing to state the obvious.

[ Hey how many times in the last has my ' Stating the obvious' saved our head?] Yellow retorts. [ You have a memory of mush sometimes and it's my job to remember things when you can't because White's memory is five times worse then yours.{

( Well at least it was. But now that we're taking a break from large missions that really need your good remembering skills. )

" Know what?" Peter asks, his attention on the Merc rather then the news.

[ Oh jeez, don't tell him.] Yellow says conveniently reading his mind.

" Uh," Wade pauses contemplating his original plan to just tell Peter what the box was. " Well that's the person from yesterday."

" I know." Peter responds before taking a bite of pancake.

" You don't seem very bothered by the fact that he's dead. You don't normally react this calmly to these sorts of crimes." Wade says cautiously.

" Well it's unfortunate he's dead. But others haven't ever disrespected you or I to my knowledge and besides it didn't even say how he died. We don't even know if it was a crime." Peter says.

Wade just nods. He can just wait for further public information on what happened.

[ I still don't like it.]

( Why do we even care? He guy was just a dick to us anyway.)

' I don't give a shit about the guy. It's Peter's reaction that seems off. It's just that there's something odd going on with him.'

" I'm going to take a shower before going to the store to get cat stuff. " Peter says when he starts to clean up his plate. " You should join me." Peter says with a Smile.

( Gladly.) White Purrs.

[ White you can't take him again. It hasn't even been twenty four hours and I'm sure he's sore like any other sane person.]

( Hey. Who said I was interested in shoving into him again?)

[ Jee. It's almost like you forgot I can hear everything you say out loud. We have all heard your little shower imagine about four times. ] Yellow scorns.

White roles nonexistent eyes. ( Just because it's in the shower doesn't mean I only have one script ready and hot off the press. Ever heard of oral? Or perhaps he wants to be top. He says he likes it anyhow.)

" Sounds fun." Wade responds to Peter.

" It will be."