Chapter 33

" Wait. Who's that?" Peter asks as he sees someone slip off.

" No one, doesn't mater. She wouldn't talk to you anyway kid. She's. But out of your league."

" W-what? No that's not what I meant. I don't- I'm not interested. I just don't know who she is. She just look familiar. "

It still felt weird to Peter talking to Tony, and to add the talk he got yesterday he was having trouble looking Tony in the eye. He felt like he was going to still see that disappointment and hear the threats that had come after the little bit of teasing. But he had to remember here he was Peter Parker. Not Spider-Man

" You shouldn't. She's a bit new to the avengers. Unless our involved with some interesting stuff I need to bring you in for questioning for, I don't think you do." Tony says handing him some odd form of a wrench to hold.

" Did she have a tail?"

" Did she?" Tony asks making Peter huff. There's a loud snap before Tony leans away from the suit he's been working on.

" When am I going to actually work on something that actually has something to do with my field of study?"

" Top secret stuff not exciting enough for you?" Tony asks.

" It's not exactly Top Secret if I know about it now is it?"

" Not that you'd be able to building anyway. Even if you did see the blue prints or understand what's going on."

" I beg your pardon, but I am very capable of building one of your suits if I actually wanted to." Peter responds.

" Oh and why don't you want to?"

' Because I'm way cooler.'

" I just have no need for an advanced weaponry suit. And Spider-Man is way better anyway. He is by far their better avenger."

" He's just a kid. "Tony says.

" He's not a kid, he's like my age." Peter says going to go but the tools away Tony had been handing him.

" And you're a man?"

Peter stops and looks back at Stark with a glare. " What's that supposed to mean?"

Peter boss just shrugs. " About your first question, Banner is back so we can get back to work in the lab."

" Back from Mali already? That was a quick trip wasn't it?" Peter says before he can stop himself.

Tony stops what he's doing to look at Peter with a narrowed gaze. " How do you he was in Mali."

" Spider-Man was talking about it." Peter says quickly.

Tony straitens, watching watching Peter before he walks over. " Well he shouldn't have known that either." Tony says before motioning Peter to follow him. "Speaking of the Spider, how have you two been?" Tony asks leading the young scientist through hallways towards what Peter assumed ( or hoped) was the lab.

" We're fine. I guess. "

" So he really did leave you for that Mercenary then huh?" Tony asks sounding not exactly approving of the said Mercenary.

" We weren't ever together."

" Sure. What ever you say. So he is with Deadpool then?"

" I didn't say that."

" You didn't deny it."

" I don't know much about his personal life okay." Peter says. " Why are you so interested anyway?"

To be honest Wade Haden't given him a complete yes answer. So one could say they where unofficially dating yes. Wade neither objected when Peter called him his Boyfriend.

" He's like my kid. One I can hardly keep track of, who doesn't tell me what's going on, he's been drifting away lately. I know most of the avengers don't like him, but that's doesn't mean he can't come around more often. There's something going on and he isn't talking, I'm just concerned." Tony says punching in a security code next to the door of the lab.

"Password is two-Zero-nine-nine. Slide down, yellow bubble to the blue bubble." Tony tells him before the door shuts behind him, locking Peter out.

The spider looks at the Digital keypad. He taps in the four digits resulting in the screen to disperse into a collection of different colored circles. " Yellow bubble to the Blue bubble." Peter mummers as he slides his finger over the screen to influence the movement of the object in the screen.

The lock on the door releases with a quick sound of metal over metal only audible to the genetically altered human.

________________________________________________________________________________

Peter looks at his mask unsure of what to do. He wants to go out like he has every night for the last few years ( minus last night. Last night he watched a movie instead because he thought he should give it a break with the hat was in the press ) , but he also didn't. He couldn't stand to think that what happened last time he went on patrol would happen again. What if he tried to kill someone again? Even if he didn't have Wade with what if he still did it? If something like that triggered again he'd seriously be knee deep in shit.

Tony's little speech had been the less brutal of two options. By some magic Tony had convinced Fury to let him handle the situation. Next time Peter wouldn't be so lucky. He'd probably get locked up and or into therapy until he could control himself.

Peter shivers at the idea of being locked in a room for hours at a time. Only getting food and time to consult with a squint other wise being locked in that cell until Fury saw he was fit to be released into the world again like some animal. Then again, he was qualified for such treatment more then anyone he knew.

Peter sighs a little before slipping the mask over his head.

He's just have to deal with whatever life decides to dish out like he has every other moment in his life.