010

Ten | Of All The Idiot Plans

It had been two days.

Rose had remained in the boarding house, apparenty she had nobody left in her life since Elijah had killed her friend, Trevor.

Yesterday, Damon and Rose had visited a cafe that contained a window that stopped UV rays penetrating into the room, protecting any vampire inside. They'd gone to get information about this Klaus person from Rose's friend.

While they were there someone had smashed the entire window, burning most of the vampires inside, we thought it must've been this Klaus guy. We'd all been trying to figure out what Klaus looked like and how we could stop Elena from being killed in this sacrifice.

What we had been told was that Klaus was the oldest vampire in existence, whether that was true we wasn't a hundred percent sure. We knew that Katherine had been running from Klaus for around five hundred years, the same as Rose.

I walked down the steps of the tomb with Damon and Stefan infront of me.

"Let's do it." Damon said. They both grabbed the door, "One, two, three."

They pulled the stone door from the entrance of the tomb. Damon and I leant against the frame of the opening, Stefan stood in the middle. We waited for Katherine to appear.

After a few moments she came stumbling weakly around the corner. She was slow, dirty and clearly starving.

"Please, come on in." She croaked, "There's plenty of room for all of us."

Damon frowned, "I'd rather poke my eyes out."

Katherine hummed, "Hm, they're such pretty eyes."

"We're here for the moonstone." I told her, crossing my arms.

"Feel like tossing it over?" Damon questioned, pushing himself off the stone wall.

"Tell you what, you get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want." Katherine bargained.

"I thought you liked it in here?" Stefan rhetorically questioned, "Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you."

"I've had time to reconsider." She responded.

"Meaning you're hungry." Damon stated.

"I'm starving, Damon. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored." Katherine moved closer to the entrance, "At least running from Klaus wasn't boring, so here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever."

Stefan, Damon and I exchanged glances with each other. Katherine began to walk back into the tomb. She carried on walking, holding up the moonstone for us to see, "Let me know what you decide."

▂▂▂▂

The three of us had headed over to the Gilbert house. We were standing around the island in the kitchen with the eldest Gilbert. We'd told Elena about our little visit to Katherine.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked, referring to our conversation with Katherine.

"No, of course not." I scoffed at the mere thought of agreeing with anything Katherine said, "We just want the moonstone."

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan told her.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live." Damon pressed his back against the counter next to me.