042

Forty-Two | Unfamiliar Feelings

"Sired? Not possible." I said down the phone, frowning.

"It's the only explanation for Elena being all over Damon and agreeing to everything he says." Caroline stated, "She never did that before she turned."

"Does Damon know?" I asked.

"No. Stefan's going to tell him now." She replied.

"Tell him I'll meet him at the boarding house." I said.

I ended the call and slipped the phone into my pocket. I walked down the mansion stairs and towards the fromt door. Klaus vamp ran infront of me, making me come to a halt, "Going somewhere?"

"To see Damon." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow, "Did you forget you asked me to keep an eye on you?"

"No but I'd prefer another bodyguard. I can't keep you from being 'the devil in disguise'." I said gesturing with my fingers, "Plus I spent all day yesterday with you. I don't think I could handle another minute."

"Fine, but if I hear you've gone the tiniest bit out of line, I will drag you back here myself." Klaus frowned.

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms.

"You heard me." Klaus replied, his voice stern.

I scoffed, "Is that a threat?"

He took a small step closer to me, "It's a warning."

"Huh." I huffed under my breath in annoyance.

"Greg!" He suddenly shouted. A hybrid walked in from outside, this was the one who was stood outside Tyler's and clawed my jacket sleeve. Klaus never broke contact with me as he spoke, "You are to keep an eye on Cassie all day."

He turned his head to Greg, "Understand?"

Greg nodded and Klaus left. I shook my head and headed out of the house, feeling Greg following behind me.

▂▂▂▂

I opened the door to the boarding house. I held onto the door handle as I turned to face the sleezy hybrid behind, "Would you stay out here, I need to speak to Damon without you breathing down my neck."

"Klaus asked me to keep an eye on you at all times." Greg said.

"You won't be able to do that if you don't have a heart inside your chest." I threatened. Greg glared at me, "I'm not leaving the house all right? Besides, you ruined my favourite jacket, so its the least you can do."

"Fine." He said. I nodded once and entered the house, closing the door behind me.

"Sired? Really Stefan? That is the most pathetic nonsense I've ever heard come out of your mouth, and you've said some crap in your day." Damon said, standing close to Stefan in the living room.

"It was your blood that turned her, right? I mean, she's been different from day one because of you." Stefan replied.

"Its true. You can't deny it." I said, walking to them.