050

Fifty | Right Place, Wrong Time

The next morning I made my way down the stairs, tying the strings of my dressing gown around my waist to close it. I was exhausted, I barely slept. I watched as Klaus opened the front door, revealing Damon outside.

"Ah, what an unpleasant surprise." Klaus said. Damon headed straight into the house, without invitation, and into the living room.

I followed him, curious as to why he was here, "Damon?"

He quickly turned at my voice, his face drowning in concern, "Hey, are you all right?"

"As all right as I can be." I responded before sighing, "I'm sorry about last night, running away is a habit I can't shake."

"No, it's okay. It was tough." He replied. I began tearing up at the thought of Jeremy, "Hey, hey, come here."

He pulled me into his arms and I didn't decline. I wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes, feeling like I needed to hold onto someone before I completely fell apart.

I opened my eyes and looked over Damon's shoulder, noticing Klaus staring at us, not entirely happy. We pulled apart and Damon turned back to face Klaus.

He held up a piece of paper, "So I just came up with a list. It's called "Things you suck at". Number one: Finding Katherine. Ever. Number two: covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley."

I glared at Klaus, "You've been in contact with that bitch?"

Damon waved the phone transcript, then put them down on the table, "Yeah, so, where is she? What does she know about Katherine?"

"I should help you?" Klaus questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

Damon nodded, "Hm."

"After you lot killed my brother and imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?" Klaus frowned.

"You might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems." Damon said.

Klaus stared at him in confusion before his eyes fell to me, looking for an answer. I sighed, "Katherine has the cure."

"My guess is she's gonna want to cram it down your throat. You help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine." Damon bargained.

"Can't help you, mate. Hayley's off limits. Although, I did have a run in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is. Too bad for you, I bit halfway through his bloody neck. He probably won't have much time for chit-chat." Klaus smiled, this caused me to frown at him in disgust.

▂▂▂▂

My feet carried me down the street to see the house where the Gilbert's once lived, burned to the ground. I ran to it and looked at the charred remains in horror. I let out a shocked gasp and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I quickly called Stefan.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"What's up? What's up? I'm freakin' staring at a completely burned down family home. What the hell happened?" I asked.

"She burned it down." Stefan told me.

"Accidentally?" I asked.