011

Eleven | Under Lock And Key

I had come up with the plan to trap Elena inside of her own home so she couldn't try to hand herself over to anyone or see Stefan. Bonnie and Jeremy were inside, testing her to see if she would take the moonstone. I waited on the porch, leaning on the wall near the door. I listened in on them.

"She took the moonstone." I heard Jeremy say. Of course she did.

"How did you?" Elena asked them, confusion in her voice.

"We tested you, and you failed." Bonnie stated.

"Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him." Elena told them, "I can't let that happen."

A few seconds later I heard her trying to open the door.

"What did you do?" She asked.

I opened the door, staring at her from outside, "It's for the best, Elena."

"You're in on this too, Cassie?" She frowned at me, trying to break out the door again but the invisible barrier bounced her back. She groaned.

"Like I said, it's for the best." I entered the house and shut the door.

"Have a movie day... or week." I joked, gently pushing her in the direction of the living room. I headed into the kitchen and pulled out mug, "Anyone want coffee?"

I heard a sighful 'yeah' from Elena and one from Jeremy. I pulled out two more mugs as Bonnie entered the kitchen. I turned to her, "Hey, how are you after doing that spell?"

"I'm fine." Bonnie replied.

"Are you though? Bonnie, you fainted in the tomb. Your nose was bleeding." I worried, "That didn't look fine to me. If you're not strong enough, you can tell me."

"I'm okay, Cassie, thank you for caring. Look, I gotta go back home. I'll see you later." She picked up her grimoire from the counter.

"Take care." I said as she walked out of the house.

I poured coffee into each mug, adding milk or cream to everyones liking. Through the joint hallway, I could hear the door open. I looked down the hall to see Damon enter the house, joining Elena in the living room.

"You should really lock your door." Damon sniggered, "Oh, come on, pouty. At least give me two points for ingenuity."

"Do you think this is funny?" Elena frowned at him.

"Yes, Elena. I find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to repeatedly save your life." Damon replied sarcastically.

"What does Stefan say about this?" She asked.

"We had a good laugh." Damon said.

"And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" She questioned.

I dropped the spoon on the side in shock and quickly walked into the living room.

"Yeah, that... I didn't tell him." Damon replied.

"Sorry, what?" I asked in disbelief. They both turned their heads to me.

"And obviously you didn't tell Cassie either." Elena said, looking away from me in a pout. Damon stood up and walked over to me.