054

Fifty-Four | Welcome To New Orleans

I had followed Klaus to New Orleans. He wouldn't tell me where he was going or let me come with him so I followed him. The letter I found said something about a witch called Jane-Anne planning on making a move on Klaus.

I didn't know what that meant but I had to find out. I was standing in a busy street on the French Quarter. There were tour guides, tourists, palm readings and a whole lot more.

I watched from afar as I saw Klaus sit infront of a woman who did readings. I used my vamp hearing to listen in.

"I'm looking for someone, a witch." Klaus told the woman, "Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux." Klaus said.

The womans eyes slightly widened, "Sorry. I don't know."

Klaus leant forward, "Well, now that's a fib, isn't it? Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of posers, so enough with the fabrications. I've quite a temper."

"Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules." The woman replied.

Who the hell was Marcel?

"Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?" Klaus asked.

"In the bar across the way." The woman told him, "Now leave me alone."

Klaus pushed himself up. He scanned around and spotted a bar. I watched him start to walk towards it and I followed him.

He glanced behind him and I quickly hid behind a hanging sheet that created a tourist booth. A man in the tent stared at me in confusion.

"Oh, sorry, just playing hide and seek. Some people never grow old you know." I joked and looked through the gap.

Klaus had gone inside.

I walked out of the tent and towards the building. I stopped outside when I noticed it looked familiar. I had been here before, I was sure of it. I slowly walked into the bar, seeing it was quite full. I made my way through the crowd of people.

I walked into a bar in New Orleans. Inside it was full of people. I made my way to the bar. I stood, waiting for the bartender.

I stopped at the side of the room, staring at the bar.

I picked up the glass and turned to walk away. I instantly bumped into someone and my drink flew up over them.

My eyes widened. Jules. I looked over to a sofa that was at the other side of the room near the bar.

"That guy has been staring at you none stop for atleast twenty minutes."

I looked over and saw a guy staring. His facial structure was strong, his hair was a sleek dark brown and he was wearing a suit. I had to admit, he was hot. I slightly smiled and looked back at Jules. I took the empty glass from her hand, "I'll go get us another drink."

This was where I met Elijah.

I stared at the spot at the bar where we once stood. Where we first spoke. And then it hit me hard that maybe none of that was real, or it was at the beginning and then he used me.