018

Eighteen | How I Killed Your Mother

It was morning and I was leaning against the frame of the living room entrance, holding a mug of coffee in my hands. I was in deep thought when Stefan suddenly came rushing into the room, "Hey."

"Hey." I replied, confused as to why he was dashing around.

"Have you seen Elena?" He asked.

"Uh, no." I said.

Damon came through the library doors and walked over to me, "Hi."

I smiled, trying to remain positive today, "Good morning."

"Mm, good morning." He smirked.

Stefan locked eyes on his brother, "Hey, where's Elena?"

"I don't know, Stefan. It's your girlfriend." Damon responded.

Stefan quickly pulled out his phone and pressed it to his ear, "Hey, it's me. Where are you? Call me."

Stefan began to leave in a hurry but stopped in his track when he noticed the basement door was open. He vamp ran down to the cellar. Damon and I exchanged worried glances before we followed.

Stefan was standing in the doorway, Damon and I stopped behind him. The cellar was empty. Elijah had gone.

"No, she didn't..."

▂▂▂▂

Stefan had called Elena again and this time she had answered. I heard her saying that she was with Elijah and that they needed to talk alone. Stefan pulled the phone away from his ear, staring at the screen. I furrowed my brows, "Did she just hang up on you?"

"She did." Stefan frowned.

Damon threw his arms up, "She's lost it."

"If anyone can get him to help us kill Klaus, it's her." Stefan stated.

"Bonnie's the way to kill Klaus." Damon frowned, annoyed, "He thinks she's dead. We have a chance with her."

"Damon, she'll kill herself in the process." I told him, "Elena's looking for another way."

"Her way's going to get her killed." He exasperated, "So we need to find her and stop her."

Stefan got up off the couch, "No, you need to back off."

"What?" Damon squared up to him.

"Look, I don't like this any more than you do. But we need to trust her. We gotta just let her do her thing."

"That might be your plan." Damon scoffed, "Mine's better."

Damon tried to walk away but Stefan grabbed his arm, "I said back off."

I got inbetween them and pulled Stefan's arm from Damon.

"Do you think fighting is gonna solve any of this?" I glanced at them both as they remained silent, "That's what I thought. Come on, Damon. Leave him alone."

I pushed Damon by the shoulder and headed back into the living room. Damon grabbed his jacket and put it on, "Let's go."

"And where are we going?" I asked with furrowed brows, walking towards him.