012

Twelve | The Fatal Bite

After a long, well needed sleep, I slowly made my way down the stairs, rubbing my eyes. I slowed my pace as I heard Stefan and Elena's voice in my ear.

"Vervain. I made it light but are you sure? Just because Katherine built up a tolerance -- "

Stefan interupted Elena, " -- yes, bottoms up."

A few seconds later I heard Stefan cough harshly, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"How can Elijah compel another vampire?" She suddenly asked him.

I continued walking down as I frowned in confusion. He can compel other vampires?

"He's an Original. I don't really know what that means. I don't think anybody really knows what that means." Stefan responded, "Well, except maybe Isobel. Maybe we should ask her."

I headed into the library where Rose and Damon both were, once again. Damon was pouring blood in a glass as I walked towards the sofa.

"I'll have one." I said to him. He took out another glass and poured blood into it. He handed it to me, "Thanks."

"Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." He said to Rose.

"Just a little, fatal to a vampires werewolf bite." Rose replied.

"Well, according to a legend which is notoriously unreliable source. Drink up." He handed her the glass of blood, "Blood heals."

Rose drank, "Yeah, it does feel like it's working."

I stood up, putting my glass down and walking over to her, "Let's have a look, come on. Let me see."

I peeled down her top and looked at the infected bite. It had gotten so much worse. I clenched my teeth together at the sight but remained silent.

"How is it?" She asked.

"Definitely, better. Right, Elena?" I said, looking over to Elena, who had just entered the room. Rose looked over to the brunette.

"It's, um, not bad." Elena responded, not even able to see the bite.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked her as I placed Rose's top back over the bite.

"He left." Elena told him, "I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah."

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while..." Damon said to Elena.

Rose shook her head, "It's not necessary."

"It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist." Damon grinned.

"What about the actual doctor?" Elena questioned, looking at me.

"Not an actual doctor, I died before I qualified." I stated, pushing myself off the sofa, "And I need to help Damon with this wolf infestation."

Damon nodded in response and left the room. Elena exchanged looks with Rose and I then she followed after Damon. Rose turned to face me, fear spreading across it, "I'm scared."

"You'll be fine, Rose. I'm sure the legend is fake. Elena is here and you can call me if you need me." I stood up, giving her a warm smile.

Damon suddenly came back into the room, "Alaric called, wolfie is in The Grill."