017

Seventeen | Welcome To The Sixties

Stefan, Damon and I were on the porch of the boarding house, waiting for Elena to finish signing the deed to the house. I was sitting on the porch wall as Damon stood infront of me, facing the door, with Stefan by his side. My arms were dangled over Damon's shoulders.

"You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked us.

"She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him." Stefan stated, "Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..."

"We just need to find him." I said.

Stefan nodded, "Yeah."

"Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" Damon asked.

"Nope." Stefan shook his head, "Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked."

"Do you think he killed her?" Damon questioned.

It was silent for a moment as Stefan glanced at him, "Katherine? Probably."

"It's not like she didn't have it coming." I responded.

The door eventually opened revealing Elena and Bonnie. The lawyer that would finalise the deed left the house, "Thank you, Mr. Henry."

I hopped down from the wall and we all tried to walk into the house but the threshold bounced us back. Elena stopped and turned around, "I'm sorry. I completely forgot."

She turned to Stefan, "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

Stefan smiled, "I would love to. Thank you."

Elena then looked at me with a smile, "Cassie, please, come in."

"Why thank you, Elena." I smiled back, walking into the house. She stared at Damon.

"What are we, twelve?" Damon asked.

"One of us is." Elena glared at him, "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"No." He said, a small smirk on his lips.

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" She said.

He looked at me over Elena's shoulder. I gave him a stern look. Damon rolled his eyes, "Yes, Elena. Sure."

Elena moved aside, "Then please, come in."

And with that, he entered the house. She closed the door behind. Bonnie walked in from the other room and gave Elena her jacket.

Stefan moved towards the two, confused, "Wait, where are you going?"

Elena put her jacket on, "To school."

"No, no, no." Damon frowned, "We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it."

"Yeah, Klaus is out there." I told them.

"Right. But where? No one knows." Elena stated, "Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner."

"Your way, Elena." Damon said, holding his hands up in defeat.

"Don't worry, I'm ready." Bonnie told us, "If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how."

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on." Elena said to her and they started to leave.

I glanced over at Stefan, who was the only one of us in school, and widened my eyes slightly to tell him to follow them. He understood and began to walk towards them, "Wait, um, I'm coming."