5. Just Like Old Times

•August•

After catchin' up we just chilled and talked like we used to do. We wound up walkin' around campus for a while befo' ha' feet started hurtin' inna heels she had on.

After decidin to sneak back to my dorm she made me give ha' a piggy back ride thea. It wasn't nothin to carry ha' though. She wasn't heavy. Right now we were watchin' Friday and she was joked out.

I wasn't really payin' much attention to the movie though. I was lookin' at ha'. It felt a little weird to have ha' back in my life. A good weird no doubt but like it wasn't real or some shit. When she started laughin again I smiled.

Skye was and always will be the most beautiful girl I know. Ever since we first met I thought so. We was like 12 then but that didn't mean nothin'. As we grew up and became young adults I started to realize somethin.

I was in love wit ha'.

I was in love wit my best friend Justine Indira Skyers and I still am. But she don't know though. I neva' got around to tellin ha'.

"Why are you staring at me? Some consider that rude." She looked at me and laughed.

I smiled and shrugged. "My bad. Just seein' how much you den changed."

"I changed? How?"

"Well you used to be a lot uglier than you is now." I joked.

She smacked ha' lips. "Boy don't get hurt. I'm cute always have been."

Past it actually.

"If you say so Skye."

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Anywayysss. You wanna see my daughter?"

I nodded "yeah lemme see ha'."

She reached ova' and grabbed ha' iPhone before going to ha' pictures. She handed me ha' phone and showed me a picture.

 She handed me ha' phone and showed me a picture

I smiled. "Lil mama cute. She look like she bad as hell."

She laughed. "She only act up when she don't have her Princess Sophia doll. She loves her."

"Oh. So what's ha' name?"

"Avyana Armelle Jones."

"I like dat."

"Thanks. I thought it would fit her perfectly."

I nodded. "It does."

Ha' phone started to ring so she picked it back up and answered it.

"Hello?.... What is she doing up so late? It's almost one in the morning and she has school... Ok just put her on the phone..." She got up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

I couldn't help but look at ha' backside while she walked. She den really filled out over the years. When I saw ha' at the party and she was dancin' I just wanted to do things to ha' that most best friends don't do.