21. Surprises

•Skye•

I opened my eyes and quickly squinted them from the bright lights. Everything around me was white. I sat up and looked around. Me and my bed were the only two things in the room. I got out of the bed and noticed I had a white gown on.

"You're awake."

My head quickly shot up and I gasped when I saw my dad standing just a few feet away from me with a white suit on. I blinked and wiped my eyes a few times but he was still there.

"Dad? What are you doing here? Is it really you?"

He chuckled. "Yes sweetheart it's really me."

I slowly took a few steps toward him. He reached his hand out and I grabbed it. A single tear fell from my eye when I felt his hand in mine. He's really here.

"It's really you."

He smiled and pulled me into his embrace. "I missed you so much princess."

"I missed you too daddy."

He looked at me and wiped my tears away. "Stop crying Justine."

"I can't." I sobbed.

"You're going to have to so you can get ready to go back."

"Go back where?"

"Go back home baby girl."

I looked at him confused. "What are you talking about dad?"

"You're at the gates of heaven Justine."

My eyes got big and I looked around. "Heaven? How?"

"You were in a car accident and you died. But you can still go back you still have time."

I shook my head. "But I won't be able to see you again."

"I'll always be with you, you know that."

"But dad it won't be the same. I don't want to leave you. Can I stay a little longer?"

He sighed and sat me down on a chair that wasn't there a minute ago.

"Listen to me babygirl. You have to go back. Your mother will be devastated, my granddaughter would cry her eyes out, all your friends too. It isn't your time yet. But I'll be here when it is. Understand?"

I sighed and nodded. "I understand. I'm gonna miss you."

I hugged him again when we stood up.

"Remember I'll always be with you no matter what."

He kissed my forehead before walking towards a door. He looked back at me and waved before opening the door where bright rays of light were shining through it. After he went in the door started disappearing.

"No wait dad! I don't want you to leave! I change my mind." I ran to the light he went in attempting to stop him.

•August•

20 minutes earlier..

I smacked my teeth and got out my bed when I heard the loud bangin' on the door. When I opened it Remi was standin' thea cryin' with a panicked look on ha face. I furrowed my eyebrows and let ha in.

"Rem what's wrong?"

She sniffed and tried to get ha words out. "I- it's Justine. She- she-"

"She what Remi what's wrong?" I was startin' to get worried.

"She was in a car accident. She's in the hospital but she isn't responding. She's dead August!!"

I furrowed my eyebrows and took in all that she said. Skye's dead? Dis a joke right?