42. Soulmate

*Continued*

After rubbing my temples about a hundred times I decided to call it quits on this essay for the night.

"I'll finish it in the morning." I mumbled as I closed my laptop.

I had about a page left to write so that was good I guess.

I stretched and stood up from my desk. Hearing my back crack was both creepy and amazing.

Putting my books and stuff away I found my phone hidden underneath a sheet of paper.

Looking at it I sighed and opened me and Aug's messages to send him a quick text.

*****
Come over for 8.
-7:10pm
*****

When I finished straightening up, I got ready for my shower. Grabbing some shorts and a T-shirt, I headed to the bathroom.

Once I was out of the shower I went to my room and lotion my body before getting dressed.

As soon as I had my shirt on my phone rang. When I saw it was Derrick FaceTiming me I answerer before slipping my shorts on.

*****
"Hello? Mommy?"

I smiled and grabbed the phone. "Hey my Avy baby. Mommy misses you how are you?"

I sat on my bed and got comfy.

"I'm alright. I still keep coughing but not as mu-" She said letting out a small cough. She laughed and shook her head. "Not as much."

I laughed a bit. "I'm so happy to hear that my love. When mommy gets back in a few days we can go get our nails done. Ok?"

She nodded vigorously while smiling. "Yes yes yes! I want pink again."

"Alright. And what about your little piggies. Pink too?"

She tapped her finger on her chin while thinking. "Ummm. Yeah pink on both. I looove pink."

I smiled and nodded. "Believe me hun I know."

She laughed harder than before which soon turned into a coughing fit.

I furrowed my eyebrows and watched her. "Derrick."

"I'm right here." He appeared in the camera and patted her back before having her drink some water.

"Avy you gotta try not to laugh that hard."

She giggled. "But you're so funny mommy. I can't help it."

Derrick and I laughed causing her to giggle too.

"Mommy is sorry for making you laugh so much."
*****

Hearing my door open I looked up and saw August walking in.

He looked at me and closed it quietly behind him.

I looked at the time and saw it was 8:02pm.

*****

"Well Avy I think you should get some rest. Mommy will call you tomorrow before bed ok?"

She pouted and nodded slowly. "Ok. I love you mommy."

I slightly smiled. "I love you too beautiful. Sleep tight." I blew her a kiss and waited for her to blow one back.

After she was tucked in Derrick grabbed the phone.

"Aight Ima text you if anything but I'm sure she gon be good."

I nodded. "Alright goodnight."

"Night."
*****