9. Non Speaking Terms

••Three Days Later••

•Skye•

It's been like three days since the party and me and August haven't said one word to each other. Well, he texted me once but I never replied. Remi told me he asked about me but she said she didn't know.

She was telling the truth. She really didn't know. I would usually stay out until curfew just to make sure he doesn't try to pop up on me. And whenever I see him I go the other way before he spots me.

That's better for both of us and I don't need any more drama. I talk to Shaun all the time though. We're still cool of course.

After he found out what happened he was highly upset. I don't know exactly why but he was. Things are a little dull now but I'll get used to it. The only people that keep a smile on my face are Avy, Remi and Derrick and my mom of course.

"Jus I'm about to go get something to eat you coming?"

I shook my head. "No I can't I gotta meet up with my lab partner to work on our project but right now I have to go talk to my photography teacher."

She smiled. "Yaasss. You gonna let me model for your bomb ass photoshoots again?"

I nodded and laughed. "Of course who else would I pick?"

"Just making sure but I'm about to go. See you later love."

I waved and watched her leave the dorm before going to my room and getting my stuff together as well.

After I was ready I left and made my way to my photography teacher's class. I was there in minutes and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I walked in and smiled at her. "Hey, Ms. Washington."

"Girl call me Lacey. I'm only a couple years older than you."

I nodded. "Ok then Lacey. I was coming to talk to you about this photoshoot project."

"Oh ok sit."

I say in the chair in front of her desk.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Well I wanted to know if we would have to use our own cameras or would you provide those?"

"You can use your own camera if you want but if not I'll give you one."

I nodded. "Ok cool. And do we have to find our own place to do it?"

She shook her head. "Only if you want too. There will be somewhere provided and each student has different times and days. One student might have Wednesday at five and another might have Wednesday at eight. Something like that."

"Oh ok. Well that's all I wanted to know thanks."

She smiled. "Your welcome. Oh and make sure you know who your model is and if you have more than one that's fine too the limit is three."

I nodded. "Alright then. I already know who my model is and I also have my own cameras. I have a mini studio set up in my basement back at home so I already have everything."

Her eyebrows went up. "Oh well you must be experienced already. You know this is a beginner's class right?"

I nodded and sighed. "Yes I do but they told me I have to take this before I take an advanced class."

She frowned a little. "Well how about this. After I see your project I will talk to curriculum about your problem. But only if I think your photos are good enough. Deal?"