18. Words Of Wisdom

•Skye•

The loud knocking woke me up from my sleep causing me to jump up and almost fall out of my bed. I sighed and looked over at the time.

"5:32 in the morning are you serious?"

I got out of my warm bed and opened the door ready to go off on whoever it was knocking like a mad man.

"Get dressed we're goin' somewhere."

I looked up and rolled my eyes at August before going back towards my bed. "First off it's five in the morning, second I have classes in a few hours and third why in the world do you think I would go somewhere with you?"

"Come on Skye just work wit me please."

He turned a lamp on and went to the closet. He pulled out some pants and a shirt and laid it on my bed.

"Get ready. Right na'."

I sighed and rolled my eyes extra hard but got up anyways.

"Watch it."

"Shut up." I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I washed up and put my hair in a loose bun before getting dressed. Within 15 minutes I was ready to go.

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

He opened the door to his truck for me but didn't answer me. I sighed and got in. He closed the door for me and walked over to his side and got in.

"We gon be drivin' fa' a minute so you can go back to sleep if you want to."

I sighed. I was still tired so sleep sounded great right now but I wanted answers.

"Where are we going August?"

He pulled out of the parking space and drove off.

"If your not going to tell me then you can stop the truck now cause I'm-."

He glanced at me. "Skye just be quiet and enjoy the ride. You know I ain't gon let nothin' happen ta' yo ass."

I sighed and stayed silent while looking out the window. That was true. I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to me but I was still curious as to where we were going and why it would take us a while to get there.

"Are we going to the beach?"

"No."

"Disney?"

"No."

"Are we-"

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not telling you, you gon have to wait and see."

"Fine." I leaned back and pulled my phone out to send Remi a message letting her know I was with Ant.

"You mad?"

"No I'm not mad."

"Good." He pulled into a parking spot at IHOP. "You hungry?"

I smiled and got out of the truck. I absolutely love IHOP. "Even if I wasn't I would still eat."

"Why you love it here so much?"

"Cause breakfast is the best and most important meal of the day. And I love pancakes. You know that."

He chuckled and walked behind me. "Skye."

I looked back at him and he was smirking. "What?"

"Come here right quick."

I sighed and turned around. "August whaatt? I could be ordering my food right now."