Part 12 - Going crazy

Let's move onward. I know the previous parts were boring one but bear with me. ❤️ enjoy ^.^
————————–———————————

(Vanoss POV)
I tried so hard to forget about all this nightmare. But my mind kept returning the visions of that torture. Everything was too real. My wall of confidence and resistance started to break. I wanted to end this, I wanted to die.

I was so tired that I felt micro sleeping for the first time in my life. But before I could get proper sleep he always came. And the circle started again.

Maybe it's time to end this. I'm so so so sorry, dad. But I can't live like that, I just can't. It hurts so much. I need rest. Death is my only chance how to forget.

I was prepared to tell that masked freak about those numbers. I lost everything, my pride, my confidence, even my hope.

I heard footsteps. My heart was racing, my body shouting in pain just by hearing it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, pretending I was sleeping.

Maybe he'll go away! Maybe he'll give me more time to "sleep". Oh please!

"Evan!" I heard silent voice, which I recognized.

I opened the eyes and through my body flew disappointment and fears.

I'm going crazy! This is it. This is how I end. Fucking crazy lunatic.

"Evan?" I heard it again.

"Craig!?" I raised my voice.

The door opened and I saw my best friend. I couldn't even believe my eyes.

No! It's just a dream, this is not real.

"Evan! Fucking hell, what did he do to you?" He whispered quickly and got to me.

"Craig! Craig! Oh my fucking God! Craig it's you! Please... get me out of here, please, I'm begging you!" I started to cry and rustled with the chains.

He tried to untie me but didn't do anything with it.

"In the bag are some things. Try to break the chain!" I spoke quickly with new hope in my body.

He turned himself, walking to the bag, when he pulled out his phone.

"Hold on... I'm coming for help, just hold for a few more minutes, ok?" He said and started to walk away.

"No! No, no, no! Don't leave me, don't you dare fucking leave me! Craig!" I yelled at him.

"I'll return. Just stay strong." He whispered to me.

I tried to wiggle out of that handcuffs once again, when I saw him leaving, ignoring the pain and blood on my wrists. It was like seeing my only hope disappearing. I wasn't quite sure at that time is Craig was real or not.

I screamed loudly in desperation. I felt my own tears streaming down on my face, and I didn't hold them. I wanted to go home, I wanted to believe.

I looked up from the ground once the door opened again and I saw that masked freak.

"You want to tell me something?" He asked and closed the door behind him.

I got new hope, new energy inside me, new adrenaline, when I remember that Craig is sending help. I just hoped he didn't ran into that freak on his way for help.

"Yeah, you fucker! Come here!" I yelled at him.

He ignored me, and started to look for something in his bag once again.

The help is on the way. I can do this, Craig is here.

"No! No, no, no! Listen... I don't want to feel the pain again," I whispered.

"Just tell me the numbers," he replied.

"Fine."

He looked at me and walked towards me with baseball bat in his hands.

"What was that?" He asked and I sighed.

"I will tell you the numbers. I'm done with this all, you've won," I whispered.

"I'm listening."

"5, 3, 6, 5, 1, 1, 8, 9, 4, 2, 1," I lied to him the first eleven numbers that popped in my mind.

"Really? Interesting. Are you sure, that are the numbers I want?" He asked slowly, and I knew he's suspicious.

"Yes! I'm telling you the truth. Please... let me go now."

"Said it again."

"What?"

My heart started to race.

I don't fucking remember what numbers I said. But he can't remember then either, right? I have to get close to those numbers.

"Say them again," he repeated.

"Promise me you will let me go after that!" I demanded, buying Craig time he needed.

"I promise."

"1, 1, 3, 6, 5, 7, 5, 3, 7, 8, 4."

He stepped back from me and I heard his laughter for the first time. It send the shivers down to my spine. It was the maniac laughter, and I knew I'm not going to forget that easily.

"Now let me go!" I screamed and rustled with the chains.

"I'm letting go... your hopes and breath, you piece of shit," he raised his voice and hit me into the stomach with his bat.

I coughed blood, which dropped on him. My vision went dark for a few minutes, my whole body consumed in pain.

Craig is here! Craig is here! Craig is here!

"That's all you can do?" I whispered, before I was consumed by darkness.