Part 80 - Rescue mission

Good morning to you ☀️️! I've edited this part so many times, always changing my mind about the consequences. Alea iacta est! Enjoy ^.^
—————————————–————

(Vanoss POV)
The sight of my feet became the most repeatable thing this whole time. I didn't have any courage to look at Delirious, while he was talking. I knew he was looking at me some of the time, but I was just too nervous.

"Fuck, I forgot the grenades," Tyler said angrily, closing the back of the white van, which was Delirious'.

I was sitting on the closed crate full of guns in the back, surrounded with other things, looking again at my feet, while Delirious was sitting on the passenger seat. This was the first time me and Delirious were alone, and hell it was awkward. I wanted to say something so badly but I didn't know what to say. Nervousness took once again control over my body, refusing to let me go of it's claws.

Just say hi. Hi is not offensive, it's neutral. Say it!

"Uhm..." I said, scratching back of my head.

Clever.

"What?" He replied, completely uninterested.

"Thanks... t-thanks for helping us."

Get yourself together, man. I sound like teenage girl. Stutters? Nervousness? No wonders he has no interest in me.

"I'm not helping you. I'm helping Tyler. "

Ouch.

"Thank you anyway," I said, even though his words hurt me a bit.

What's taking Tyler so long? Don't tell me you can't see big crate full of grenades.

"Why did you let me live?" Out of nowhere, without any thinking over what I was doing, those words left my mouth.

I looked up at him. His eyes widened, his body tensed. I regretted asking immediately. He seemed to be pissed more and more. He turned his head to me, and I finally met his blue eyes. He opened his mouth to answer my question, or to yell at me, but the back door opened. I looked at Tyler who put the crate in, then closed the door again. I returned my eyes to Delirious but he was looking out of his window.

"Sorry for the delay. I'm gonna drop you at your house?" He asked Delirious, while starting the engine.

"Do whatever you want," Delirious replied emotionless.

I sighed, looking back at my shoes. I wanted to know the answers but I was afraid he wouldn't have answered me anyway. I also knew I really should be moving on, forgot about my feelings towards that man, but seeing him and hearing his voice made it impossible.

We arrived to his house in complete silence. Tyler decided to escort him to the main door while I moved myself to the passenger seat. On my way I walked so close to him that I breathed in his cologne. And somebody kill me but it smelled so good . I looked from the window to see them hug. It filled me with anger and sadness at the same time. I wished to be at Tyler's place. Having Delirious' arms around me, soothing me, protecting me.

Tyler ran back to the car, while Delirious disappeared into the house.

"Ok, are you ready?"

I could sense so much excitement in Tyler's voice, and at that moment I realized what was going on. The reality hit me, and I couldn't believe it.

I have to stay strong, for Craig. He needs courage and certainty in his life. We will rescue him.

The car stopped in one hour. I looked over Tyler who seemed to be ok with this, while I was nervous with each passing second. And then it hit me.

It must be a trap! This was too easy.

"Stop!" I whisper-yelled, stopping Tyler from opening the door.

"What?" He replied confused.

"I'm going in, you stay here."

My voice sounded determined, I was certain of my words.

"What are you talking about?" He replied.

"Look... if things go down, we need to make sure Craig is out alive. We can't loose both of us."

"We won't loose anybody! I'm coming with you."

"Tyler, please! I want to save Craig as much as you do, trust me."

He was silent for a few more seconds, before sighing loudly.

"Fine," he mumbled and opened the door.

I did the same thing, following him to the back. He opened some crates, giving me some small gun, then other things. I felt like armed man going straight to his death.

"And take this with you," he give me some small device.

"What is this?" I replied.

"Communication device. Put it into your ear, push this button if you want to speak with me. If something happen to you, just yell."

I silently nodded, doing what he wanted me to do. I tried not to be consumed by nervousness again. Tyler looked at me for the last time.

"Ok. You remember what Delirious said? Try go to the basement first. And be careful."

I nodded once again, then turned myself to the house Craig was supposed to be in. I walked towards that building, walking to the backyard.

"You hear me?" I heard Tyler's voice.

I pushed the button he mentioned earlier.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Great."

I walked towards the back door, just to see it already opened, which confirmed my theory about the fraud. I walked into the silent hall, looking around. My body was shaking. I tried to look for any signs of a door leading downstairs.

"Hello there, Evan." I jumped in surprise, looking behind me to see Mark.

"Fischbach... where's Craig?" I said steadily.

"Let's make a deal... Craig for Delirious."

"What?" I said confused.

"You heard me."

"Evan? How are things?" I heard Tyler's voice in my ear.

Craig for Delirious?