Part 111 - Having a secret

Those three previous chapters: Del's chapter, Evan killing Annie and Craig having fun, happened at the same night. Just wanted to point it out to prevent some confusion. Love you! Enjoy ^.^
—————————————————

(Evan POV)
Looking into the mirror, I didn't understand anything. I was afraid of my feelings, and at the same time I didn't care. I expected some fear, some haunting images of my first kill, but they didn't come.

Have I turned into a monster?

My phone rang, and I picked it up without even looking at the caller.

"Are you home?" Craig's voice get to me.

"Yes," I replied, still studying my face.

"How are you feeling? Do you need some company?" He asked.

I need to start killing them. Luke is the first.

"Actually, yes. Can you arrive? Alone." I said, finally walking out of the bathroom.

"I'm on my way," he said quickly, turning the call off.

I slowly smiled, making myself an early breakfast. I didn't feel tired, or exhausted, even though I hadn't slept for almost twenty four hours.

So why I'm not terrified? They always say the first kill is traumatic, but I'm not. Does that mean I'm weird? Maybe my traumatic memory was the first time Delirious kidnaped me. That way my mind was already twisted.

Craig arrived in less than twenty minutes. I led him to the kitchen, where I offered him some meal. When he sat down, I sat across of him. I knew he wanted to talk, but maybe was afraid of asking.

"Just ask," I nudged him patiently.

"How are you feeling? How was it? Was she begging you for mercy? Aren't you feeling bad?"

The questions I'm not able to answer.

"I'll need your help," I answered instead.

"What?"

"Swear to me, you're not going to say this to anyone. Not even to Tyler!" I said calmly.

His eyes reflected fear and nervousness. He stopped in his movement, looking at me. I needed my best friend to be on my side.

"What?" He repeated again.

"Craig, just swear," I begged him.

"I-I swear," he stuttered, waiting with excitement on my next words.

"Alright... I want to kill the ones who killed Delirious," I said, and he frowned.

"Mark and Jack," he guessed, and I nodded.

"And Luke."

"Luke?"

"Yeah, some fucking asshole who was his childhood friend. He made me choose between Tyler and Delirious."

I expected some question about my sanity, but his eyes shined in curiousness.

"I know one Luke. That would be so funny if he was the one you're talking about," he laughed, and I smiled.

"So here's your time to shine. I need you to find out everything about Luke. I need to find him and kill him. Do you think you're able to do that?"

"I can ask Tyler ab-" He wanted to continue, but I quickly jumped into his speech.

"No! You can't talk about this with Tyler," I commanded.

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm not sure how he's going to respond. Besides, maybe there are some rules in this criminal word. And maybe Tyler knows Luke, that's the reason why Luke is still alive, and that's why Tyler isn't doing a thing to revenge Delirious. I need you on my side, Craig."

I was so desperate to feel that he was here for me even through things that happened. I need to know that I was still more important than Tyler was.

I need my best friend. Now more then ever.

"Evan," he started, and I sighed.

"Please," I whispered silently.

"I-I can't... I can't lie to him, Evan. We don't have any secrets between us anymore. I c-can't just break his trust."

I need him.

"Craig... Tyler won't know about this, he will never know. I loved him, Craig. I loved him with all my heart, and now when he's dead... I feel like a body without soul. He took my heart, he took it with himself to wherever he's right now. He showed me, that this world isn't only about money and sexual tension. I felt like the world had finally the meaning, Craig. I felt like the main characters from the romantic movies you forced me to watch. I felt like the happiest person... and now he's gone. I won't be able to breath properly, eat. I can't imagine doing the stuff like before, I feel soulless. And three fuckers who killed him are still alive. They're walking on this planet, mocking me. They need to pay."

Craig was watching me with his eyes wide opened, and to my surprise I didn't feel anything. No sadness, no pity, nothing. I took a deep breath.

"Look... forget about it. I'll try something different, that's ok."

I stood up, disappointment flew through my body. I understood his situation, and I wasn't going to force him to do it against his will.

"Evan," he started, and I shook my head.

"Forget it. You can tell Tyler to find me another contract, ok? Don't worry about me, now go back to him."

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. My heart ached from that picture, I didn't want to make him sad.

"I'll do it. Or at least I'll try. I haven't search for many people alone, Tyler was by my side all the time, but I'll do it. I... I still don't understand, how you, out of all people, could fell in love, and with your kidnaper! But I know these feelings, I couldn't just stand still if I knew Tyler's murderers are freely walking outside. I'm not promising you anything, Evan, but I'll definitely try."

His voice was filled with determination and loyalty, and I felt so much better knowing, he was still somebody I could count on.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"Do you know anything else about this Luke?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I only know he was Delirious' best friend, that Mark and Jack knows him... wait a minute! Tyler knows how he looks like!" I said proudly, my smile growing wider.

"He does?"

"Yes! He was there with me when I had to choose. That's why he was so pissed, because I sentenced Delirious to death in front of his eyes."

"Ok, I'll ask him," Craig said, his voice revealing he was lost in his thoughts.

"Somehow unsuspiciously, thank you again," I smiled at him, and he stood up as well.

"No need, you're here for me every damn time. I think it's time to slowly pay you this debts. I'm really sorry for Delirious' death, I really am."

He walked around the table, and hugged me. I felt little bit warmer in my heart, but I still missed the big emotions.

"I love you, dude," I whispered.

"I love you too."