Part 141 - Let him out

Sorry for the ending and repentance, it just happened. Also, I forgot to say good morning ❤️☀️. Enjoy ^.^
———————————————————

(Delirious POV)
I was nervously shifting on the passenger seat. I wanted to know what was going on, if Evan was ok, if he was still alive. This hopelessness was killing me.

"Calm down, he's fine," Bryce mumbled, leaning more into his seat.

"You don't know shit. You were the one who said Ohm wasn't the same. What if he's dead now? What if he killed him?" I looked out of the window, trying to get rid of that nervousness.

"Delirious, for fuck sake, he's fine. He'll call, don't worry about it so much. I'm gonna get us some food. Something you want?" Bryce opened the door, waiting for my answer.

"I'm fine."

After my words, he closed the door, walking away. I waited, few minutes, before my phone went crazy. Looking at Evan's name I relaxed more.

Thank God.

"Evan?" I greeted him, wishing to hear his voice.

"Hello, Delirious."

My heart stopped beating, I had a feeling the whole world stopped beating. Something I was fearing was happening.

"Ohm," I mumbled, mainly to myself.

"It's really great to hear you. Are you with that fucker McQuaid?"

"Why do you have this phone? Where did you get that?" I replied with another questions.

"I'm fucking asking! Is he somewhere near you?" His voice got angrier, tone of the voice I had not hear before.

"No."

"Ok. Let's do a little deal between you and me. I need you to be under the bridge in ten minutes, alone. I warn you, Delirious. By the way, I believe that friend of yours, Wildcat, is probably dying right now. That's revenge for killing Luke."

"What? Luke is dead?"

He didn't answer me, canceling the phone call. I didn't even think about it twice. Evan was in danger, because of me, and I was obligated to get him out. Quickly moving to driver seat, I started the engine, and with no message to Bryce I drove to the picked place.

On my way, so many thoughts occupied my mind, so much worries and fears filled my heart. I hated those feelings, fighting the urge to use Delirious' abilities to ignore them. I was too afraid of waking Delirious back if I used them.

With my shaking hands, I quickly dialed Tyler's number, feeling my pounding heart in my chest. I didn't know how could everything got fucked up within few seconds.

"Yeah?" As I heard Tyler's calm voice, my heart raced even faster.

"Tyler, get the fuck out of your house! Ohm's on your ass, hide," I yelled, stopping the car near the bridge.

"What? Where are you? Are you ok?" He replied.

"Tyler! You need to hide! Please, please I beg you. I can't loose another person, hide. I'll contact you, but now get the fuck out of your house. I need to go."

I quickly canceled the phone call, taking my mask on. I walked towards the place I was supposed to go. Looking around me, I tried to spot any sings of Ohm or his people. I needed to know what happened to Evan.

My hand moved to the back of my jeans, making sure I still had my gun. I was certain to do anything to revenge Evan's death. Even if that meant my own death.

Quickly shaking my head, I tried to get rid of the image of dead Evan, the worst scenario in the world.

If Ohm really hurt Evan, I'll let out Delirious. I don't care about the consequences.

I saw some figure, leaning against the pillar. I recognized the mask right an omega sign on it. I had really mixed feelings. I was glad on one hand to see my old friend, on the other hand I knew he was the danger.

"Delirious," he greeted me, respectfully nodding his head.

"Ohm," I replied, crossing my arms.

"I'm really glad you came back. How do you like it here? I know, it changed a bit, but didn't we all?" His eyes was scanning me, and I tried to stay calm.

"Maybe I would believe him, you know... he was really good liar. What he said about you, about us. Really, really, good. Too bad somebody else showed up," he started.

Is he talking about Evan? He has to be.

"When I saw your mask, I was so curious why did you let him carry it. And when he lied to me about some revenge, I believed him. Such a stupid act from me. You care about him, don't you? You would have killed him." He continued.

"I don't care about anybody," I replied, successfully keeping my voice emotionless on my own.

"Why are you here then? Look, I really don't have anything against you, you're not my enemy."

I was getting uneasy. I needed to know where Evan was, if he was still alive.

"Where is he, Ohm?" I asked, my voice shaking in anger.

"Where's McQuaid?" He replied with the same ammunition.

"You two were like a brothers, inseparable. What happened that night?" I asked, trying to find out his weakness.

"Luke was like a brother to you. What happened?"

Fuck you!

"Ohm, stop. I need to see Evan, you need to see Bryce. Am I right?" I decided to end this.

"No my dear Jonathan, I don't want to see him. I want him dead. Look, I'm sorry this is the way you and me are going to do a business, but it's necessary."

"I won't kill Bryce," I replied quickly.

"The clock is ticking. Your Evan is slowly dying right now. I'll let him live, but I need one thing from you."

What? Dying? No! After everything we've go through? I refuse, no!

"What have you done to him?" I growled, my body shaking in fury.

"Let Delirious out. Let him out and kill Bryce. For that, I offer you Evan's life."

No! No, this can't be happening. I can't let him out, I can't.

"I'll kill Bryce on my own, I won't let Delirious out," I replied, I felt desperate.

"You and me both know you're not capable of it. But Delirious is."

"No, Ohm... you don't know what you wish from me."

"Evan has like two hours of oxygen left. With the way he's gonna freak out and panic, I think it's only half an hour? It's your call."

I felt cornered, so many emotions overwhelmed my mind, my body and soul. I wanted to save Evan, I was willing to kill everybody just for him, but letting out Delirious was the risk I didn't even consider.

If this save his life, I think it's the only way. I just need to fight as soon as he gets control, I need to be strong for Evan.

"You can't kill me. If you do, there's no chance on saving your Evan. Bring me Bryce and Evan is yours."

I fell on my knees, taking my head into my hands. I remembered when Ohm's father always wanted Delirious, never me. I remembered how he wanted me to kill.

Everybody wants only Delirious. Nobody wants me. And maybe that's the way I should be living.

I felt my tears, streaming down upon my face. I didn't have any strength to let their short journey. I took a deep breath, looking up at Ohm.

"Promise me you'll let him go," I whispered.

"I don't have anything against you, Bryce is the one I want. So I'll let Evan go and he's gonna be alive."

Delirious? I need you.

Finally.