Part 63 - Betrayed

Yo! ☀️ The return into the everyday life is the worst. But that also means I can write more, and that's the one of many things that keeps me positive ❤️. Enjoy ^.^
——————————————————

(Evan POV)
I hated him, from the bottom of my heart. Everything he had been doing was fake, and the worst thing was that Craig didn't see that. But I was wondering what else did he want from my best friend. He used him, they got me, so why?

I heard their footsteps on my stairs as they were getting up. My heart was racing, my body shaking. I waited a few more minutes, before standing up. Grabbing my things, I silently left the building. I had to act fast, before Craig would have freaked out.

I needed to see Delirious again, I wanted it so much. Just a quick peek, calm my desires. Maybe have a little chat if he's awake. Earlier that morning I had called Frank to pick me up, I was still bit paranoid walking around alone. So when I exited my house I spotted my favorite car, amazing soft limousine,which I missed so much.

I got in, enjoying its softness. Frank was silent as usually, just nodded his head as a greeting. He knew where I wanted to go. While driving there my mind was creating different scenarios. From the best ones to the worst ones, and all of this made me nauseous.

After a while the car stopped in the hospital parking lot. I slowly got out, looking around. Taking a deep breath, I walked into the building. I came straight to the nurse, sitting behind the desk.

"Oh hi mister Fong. How are you!? Is everything ok?" She asked with big smile.

I could sense her nervousness, as she was looking to every other direction but me.

"Yes, yes... I mean with me is everything great."

She raised one eyebrow, stopping in whatever she was doing on the PC.

"Is someone hurt?"

"What? No! No, I mean no. I'm here to check upon one particular patient."

"What patient? Are you his relative?"

"The one who was brought here the same day as I. I... I really don't know his name, but I want to talk with him. I need to see him."

She looked back to he monitor, running with her fingers upon the keyboard. I quickly looked at her tag with the name.

"I can't tell you anything, sir. His brother said only a family could visit mister Davis."

Davis? His surname is Davis then? What's his first name? But that could be only fake name. I found dozens of ID card in the house, when he was unconscious after the incident with Ryan.

"I know, and I understand that. But at least tell me something. Is he awake?" I lowered my voice to the whisper.

"I can't, sir. I... I can't tell you," she stuttered.

Just let me see him, for fuck sake.

I slowly put my hand on her, lightly grabbing it. She had her gaze locked with my. That was my chance.

"Lilly... I know you're doing amazing job here, and let me tell you... you're looking pretty in that suit of yours," I let my voice fall into the seducing tone.

I saw the blush creeping into her cheeks, and I proudly smirked.

I didn't know I still have this in me. Would have this worked on Delirious?

"But..."

"I need you, Lilly. Tell me just if he's awake, if he's ok. That's all I'm asking for."

She sighed, then nodded, looking around carefully.

"He... he left this building yesterday in the evening, around 7 pm. with his brother helping him."

L-left? What?

"I... I thought he was in coma," I whispered confused.

"He was. But right after he woke up, he had a chat with his brother for a few minutes, and then he wanted to leave. We tried to... we tried to reason with him, but it was for nothing."

He's gone.

I felt emptiness filling my body, or every feeling I had just vanished. I felt sad, furious and betrayed. I hadn't even imagine us to be a thing, I hadn't thought that far ahead, but he took the only opportunity to at least see him.

"Your phone. Sir... are you alright?"

Voice of the nurse dragged me into cruel reality, and I started to hear the ring tone of my phone. I quickly looked at the display to see Craig's name.

How could he go away without any words? I need answers. Like why did he shot himself instead of shooting me? And if he felt the same way when we were having sex. And what's his real name, his backstory.

"Sir, sit down please!"

I blinked several times, my phone refusing to shut up.

"N-no... I-I need to go," I whispered, feeling the tears in my eyes.

I felt awful. Confused and alone at the same time. I was so close to being complete, but at the same time so far. I knew I didn't have a single chance with him, I knew that, but I wanted to cherish the last moments.

He's gone.