Part 90 - Second task

Sorry that I'm a bit late, just ended my shift. Not gonna hold you back any longer. Enjoy ^.^
——————————————

(Evan POV)
I opened my eyes, just to immediately recall what happened in my dream. Firstly I checked my nightstand, where still lay the necklace from Taretha, but mask I had on me when falling asleep was nowhere to be seen. I quickly checked my neck where was my grandfather necklace. My wrist was bandaged by cloth from the first aid kit.

What does this mean? I had to cut myself, found a first aid kit, bandage myself and faint? Why can't I remember it though? I don't fucking understand a damn thing.

I felt disappointment through all my body. I knew this all was just my dream but my small piece of heart I still hoped for this to be the truth. That Delirious cared about me.

Well, time for the second task.

I waited for Mark to show up, which didn't take that much longer. He came in with papers in his hands.

"Second task. I hope you slept well, Fong," he said bitterly, throwing the papers at me.

I caught them and looked quickly through them. It was about City National Bank in LA. I looked confusedly at Mark.

"What is this about?" I asked what was ok my mind.

"You second task is rob this bank. It's gonna be easy for you, right? Jack is driving you to the entrance."

What?!?

"I know we're rich, we don't need more money, but it's your way to show us you mean everything. You have one hour to prepare, tell us what equipment you need."

This has to be a joke, right? I can't rob this bank, fucking hell, I can't do this! Steal some necklace was one thing but rob a bank? I'm not Hoodini!

"One hour."

With that he left me alone, and I felt my tears filling my eyes. This wasn't something I could do, I couldn't march into the bank and rob them. I wasn't a criminal.

But they think I'm. I saved Craig's ass, I can't let it go now. I'm gonna go there and do what I can. Ok what would Delirious do? Read through the papers right?

I looked down on the papers, scanning what was written on it. But after rereading it for the fifth time, I still didn't know what to do. There was too much information, too much words for me. I felt so lost. I had a few possibilities in my mind but I always let them leave my mind, thinking how stupid it was, how quickly I could get killed by trying that plan.

"It's time, here's your food. Eat fast. We have to go before they close the building," Mark's voice echoed through the room, and I spotted some fries at his hands.

I stood up and walked towards him, he handed me them. It was right at that moment I realized how hungry I was. I ate then within few seconds, seeing Mark's smirk plastered on his face.

"Ready? What things do you need?"

He thinks I'm bluffing. He still thinks I'm not Delirious. I have to proof him otherwise, I have to act like Delirious.

"Gun with silencer, bag for the money."

"That's all?" He replied.

"Are you doubting my skills?" I snapped at him angrily.

Cause I definitely am. I'll think about things when we get there.