Part 39 - Confusion

Sorry no H2OVanoss today. But I'll try next time. Enjoy ^.^
———————————————————

(Lui POV)
I felt his lips on mines. I froze in place, fully in shock. I didn't know what to do, or what not. I pushed him away with confusion written in my eyes.

"W-what the fuck?" I mumbled.

I saw the sadness in his eyes for a millisecond, before he stood up.

"Forget it."

And before I could do or say anything he just ran away, leaving me in my own confusion.

What happened? What just happened? Why did he kiss me? I thought he had a boyfriend. Why am I feeling this way? My heart is racing, my body is shivering. He's my partner, nothing more, and nothing less, so why did he do this? Or is he? I told him to fuck the rejection, and I did the thing he was afraid of. But this is so confusing. Why would he do it? Fucking hell, Nogla!

I stood up, heading to his house. I needed answers and I had enough of his behaving. I was in front of his house in a half a hour, slamming on the door.

"Nogla, open the door!" I shouted along the slamming.

His dogs started to bark on the
other side of the door. I heard footsteps, but no response.

"Nogla... open... the... door!"

After every slam I said one word. A few seconds passed and he finally opened the door. I pushed into them to fully open.

"What?" He hissed.

His hair were messy, which I assumed were how he ran through them with his fingers, his eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Can I come in?" I asked carefully.

"Why?"

"You want to discuss this over the door?" I replied, trying to be reasonable.

He moved so I could have walked in, and I did. I sat in the kitchen, taking one of his dogs on my lap.

"I'm so confused over you! You have been keeping secrets from me for some time, solving some case I don't know about, not mentioning you barely pay me any attention lately. And now you kissed me? So cut the slack and tell me everything now."

"Why do ya care so much all of the sudden, Lui?" He spit out angrily words which hurt me.

"What? I've always cared about you, you know that!"

I tried to defend myself with a calm tone in my voice to prevent any argument, even though I already knew we were kind of fighting.

"Cared about me? All those fuckin' four years ya have been locked in the room, focusin' on Delirious, avoidin' any social life, and now ya say ya care about me?"

"I care! I've always cared," I replied.

Even though he's right. I didn't pay him much attention when I was trying to find Delirious. But I've always thought we're partners, not best friends.

"Now care to tell me what are you solving? You know I can help you, don't distance yourself from me. It's about that bully and your friend right?" I continued quickly, before he could say anything.

He crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes in anger.

"Yes, but as I told ya, everything is fine now. I've got him cornered, he's gonna do the task and everybody is gonna be happy. Now is that all you wanted to tell me?"

I don't understand a damn thing! Who's that bully and the friend? And why doesn't he care about his friend? And what task?

"Who's that friend of yours? Do I know him?"

"No." I slowly nodded my head after his word.

"And do I know that bully?" I asked again.

He hesitated for a few seconds before answering, which made me feel really suspicious.

"No."

"Why are you avoiding me these past days?" I continued.

"I'm not!" He whined, rubbing his face in frustration.

"You're! We're partners, Nogla!"

"Ya don't even know how many times I've wanted to change you as my partner, but I've never done that."

Change his partner? Change me? What? Why?

"Why would you wanted to change me?" I asked slowly, trying to understand his feelings.

"Because ya are obsessed with yer past. I get that Delirious killed yer lover, truly I understand it has to be hard, but findin' him doesn't solve anythin'! What will happen when ya find him? Ya kill him, and then what? Will it return yer lover back?"

I felt anger flowing through my body as his words escaped his mouth. I didn't expect him to understand my urge for revenge. Delirious made me feel helpless and full of pain, I had to watch my boyfriend die in my hands, and he surely needed to pay for it.

"Why didn't you ask for another man to be your partner then? What the fuck hold you back from it?" I raised my voice, making his dog jump out of my lap.

"It's not important! I don't wanna ya here, please leave."

I smashed with my fist into the table in furious manner, standing up. I was done with him avoiding answers.

"It is important! Just tell me! Why didn't you get new partner?"

"I'm not telling you, leave!"

We were already shouting at each other at that point.

"Tell me!"

"Because I fuckin' love ya!" He yelled at me, and after that smashed the hand on his mouth.