Part 15 - The hospital

You guys are absolutely amazing. Every single one of you! I love you so much! ❤️ enjoy ^.^
———————————–———————

(Vanoss POV)
I heard distant beeping sound. I slowly opened my eyes to see myself being tied to some cords in the hospital room. I tried so hard to remember what happened last few hours, but when I did I saw blue eyes and heard that terrifying voice.

I heard that beeping fastened and my heart was racing. My mind couldn't easily split the reality and the past with that maniac. That beeping sound fastered and I saw people in the white coat running towards me. I heard their voices in far distant, couldn't understand a word. They inject something into me and I welcomed darkness with open embrace.

"There's no certainty he will wake up soon. You can go, he's in good hands."

I recognized woman voice, which dragged me into reality. I slowly opened my eyes. I was laying on the bed still in hospital. But nothing hurt me. I felt so light. I spotted Craig talking to nurse in front of the door to my room.

"Craig," I tried to shout, but it ended into whisper.

They both turned their heads to me and Craig walked towards me with worries in his eyes. Worries and relief.

"Evan, hi," he said, as he sat down next to my bed.

"You saved me, Craig," I mumbled gratefully, and my body shivered a bit when the pictures of previous days came out.

"Stop talking, please. Only if I was faster." The end of his sentence was whispered in growl.

"Kidding? He didn't touch my handsome face, thanks to you," I joked.

I needed him to stop worry, to start being my crazy best friend again. I didn't need any reminding of this horror.

"How did you found me?" I asked slowly.

"Easy. You remember that one time you woke up after long night full of drinking far away form L.A? That time you called me for help cause you didn't even know how where were you with 4% of battery? After that I put searching small thingy in your phone. And it took me a while before I found you."

"Thanks," I whispered.

We both heard a knock, following the door opening. I saw some tall man whom I didn't recognized.

"I'm really glad you're awake, sir."

He walked towards us, and I tried so hard to guess who this guy was. From the accent in his voice I recognize he wasn't from around.

"What do you want?" Craig asked bitterly, and stood up in front of the tall man with crossed arms, like my guard.

"I'm sorry for my manners. Name is David Nagle (Author's note: ok I tried to search this up. I'm not sure about the last name but you have to suck it up 😂❤️). I'm agent FBI. I know ya ain't fully healed but I'm here for some questions. If ya don't mind."

I inhale to answer, but Craig was faster.

"Questions? You took too long with that rescue mission. Plus you didn't even catch that freak!" Craig barked angrily.

"That's why I'm here. Mister Fong, can we please talk?"

"Sure. Craig, my love, could you please go get me some food? I'm starving," I whispered to my best friend.

"Oh... I didn't know you two are dating," David said with shy smile.

"What? We are-" Craig wanted to speak but I quickly jumped into his speech.

"Chop chop, darling."

Craig started to say something under his nose and he left. That FBI agent sat on the chair next to my bed.

"I'm really sorry for this interruption. How are ya?" He asked, and I felt that atmosphere around us is much calmer.

"Better then before, trust me. You aren't from California, are you?"

David chuckled after my words and scratched back of his head.

"Ireland. Was it really that obvious?"

"Your accent is selling you out," I said with smile.

"Mister Fong, can you tell me anything about that guy? Anything at all."

I guess he isn't the only one who's going to ask about him. I have to prepare for it.

"I know that this question is not pleasant but I'm here to help ya," he continued, and I sighed.

I closed my eyes and tried to remembered that man. But when I did that I felt like I'm re-living my nightmare. I felt my body shivered, I felt my own tears streaming down again, I felt the horrible pain inside me. I opened my eyes again and looked at him.

"I-I can't," I whispered vulnerable.

"Take a deep breath. Please, calm down. Ok, ok, ok... uhm... did he say anything that would help us?"

"I don't want this. I want to erase those times. I want to end it. Please, this fucking hurts," I whined and wiped out my tears away.

"I know. But please... try it one more time."

I tried to remember again, but the only thing I heard was the same question again. And I knew I couldn't tell him that because it would start new questions about what are those number for and so on.

"I don't know," I mumbled, and heard his sigh.

"Sir... ok don't think about me as a crazy person, but I have a feeling that this guy, who kidnapped you and tortured you, is Delirious. Me and my partner are hunting him down for a some time and you're the only one who saw him. You're our only source. Please... tell me anything that could lead us to him."

Right after his long speech I recalled memory from one day.

"I'm Delirious outta my mind."

My heart skipped a beat and I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

Oh my fucking lord. Was that really that assassin? The man without the soul. Could it be? What? Why me? So somebody hired him to get the code. Who?

"It was Delirious," I said, still lost in my thoughts.

"What? You sure? Really?"

"He said it. I'm Delirious outta my mind. It could be only a sentence, or it could be really him," I answered.

"This has to stay only between us, ok? If anybody ask you don't know. Please, it's really important to me. You don't know it was Delirious."

Maybe it's for the secret hunting. With news and everybody looking around he could vanish into the shadows.

"I'll tell you everything I know."