-7-

"Quinn? Quinn!" It was all black. My name was being called and- Light?

"Oh my goodness Quinn you scared the shit out of me!" Brendon yelled. I came to and realized two things-

1- I'm laying down in Brendon's huge office couch.

2- Brendon is towering over me.

I tried to quickly raise up my torso but that failed when I got super dizzy and fell back onto the couch. "Quinn? Doll, are you okay?" Brendon asked, patting a cold white towel on my forehead. "What happened?" I asked, my voice sounded terrible.

Brendon scratched the back of his neck, his eyes becoming nervous. "You see, the last thing you said to me was to leave you alone... But right after that you fainted into my arms so I kinda had no choice but to bring you back here."

"So I didn't enter Mr. Weekes office?" I asked. Rhys was only important because that would mean that our near-kiss experience didn't really happen.

"No. Please Quinn, calm down, just lay down and I'll be right here." Brendon said, brushing through my hair with his finger tips. "How long ago was that?" I asked nervously. "Did Mr. Weekes get his lunch?"

He laughed a bit, "Oh Quinn, always trying to make other happy. But yes, he got his lunch and its 5:30." I attempted to stand up again, but that quickly failed when I fell into Brendon's arms. "Quinn, please just lay down I'll be here for you." He whispered. I nodded and let him sit down before me, I layed down and rested my head on his lap.

"Wait," I said, turning my head so I could see him, "It's 5:30... Shouldn't you be home? How did you get your work done today?" I asked, he smiled and began stroking my hair.

"I leave at 6:00, everyone else leaves at 5:30 besides the night guards. And I didn't, I had to take care of you." He said, the smile was genuine, but it never left his face. "Oh, Brendon I'm sorry. I'll leave now if you have to work." I said, I really did feel bad that I made it so he probably has to do his work at home.

"Don't worry, I don't have much to do anyway, I can do it all within an hour." I said, he was lying through his teeth but I was okay with it because it took some guilt from me and made it easier to see how much of a real person he is. He was never this sweet or nice to be around before.

"Brendon, I'm really tired." I said, feeling my eyelids get heavier by the second. "Then go to sleep, doll." He said, bringing his fingers lightly through my hair and down to the short ends.

"But, I'm in your office, and you have to work." I said.

"Your much more important than that, Quinn. I'll be right here and I'll wake you up when we have to go. Promise." He said. There it was again, his normal voice, not douche-y and not sly, it was just Brendon.

"Thank you." I mumbled, I grabbed his free hand and pulled it up to my mouth and kissed it. I didn't have to see his smile to know it was wide on his face.

~~~

I woke up in the same place I fell asleep, layed out with my head on Brendon lap, his hand in mine and his other in my hair. This time, Brendon was asleep, his head was tilted up on the couch and his mouth was barley open, letting out small snores. This was a sight I couldn't stop starring at.

It took me a while to distract myself from is face to see through the big glass walls behind him. It was still dark outside, I turned my body around to look at the clock above this desk. It's 3:40 in the morning.

I sat up as quite as I could, which wasn't very quite considering this couch makes noise with every move. I stood up and left the office. I stumbled down the hall in hopes to find a restroom. I looked at a plaque on the wall that had directions for this floor.