-25-

"What the hell are you doing, Quinn?" Liz whisper-yelled to me when she pulled me over to a huge tree, providing shade.

"What do you mean?" I asked, smoothing out the skirt of my dress. She dragged me pretty roughly away.

She rolled her eyes and finally took her grasp away from my wrist, "You have only known him for three months, you don't know him!" She squealed, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"I do know him... A lot about him actually. Liz why can't you just support me, I've finally found someone." I said, rubbing my wrists that were still a pinky color from her grip. "Name one thing I wouldn't know about him that you do." She said, folding her arms across her chest and sticking a hip out.

"He writes songs." I said, doing to same to her as if showing her I was right. "Fine, but when he hurts you because he isn't who you think he is, don't come bitching to me about it." She spoke sternly, turning around quickly and stomping away, her red heels six- something inch heels sinking slightly into the grass.

I swerved behind me, looking around the slightly crowded lawn. I could feel the corner of my eyes start to burn with tears. Liz has always wanted this for me, why would she act like this?

After a little bit of looking around I found my parents with Brendon, probably showing him off to our way richer friends. I walked over to them, wiping the couple of tears that had come up from my eyes.

My walk over to them was cut short by an old friend... Well, more like flame.

"Ahh, goody two shoes Quinny. How are we?" I heard an all too familiar voice call from a foot or so away from me, causing me to turn around. It was Dustin.

Let me tell you a little back story on Dustin, we dated for year of high school, but he broke up with me because I wouldn't give it up for him. I think you can get the type of person he was, and still is.

"What do you want Dustin?" I asked rudely. Obviously we never fully made up. "You see Mr. Urie's here. Crazy huh? Wonder who he's with, defiantly not you." He said, laughing almost like an evil Disney villain.

Jokes on Dustin now.

"Oh no, he's totally out of my league." I played along, seeming like the same goody two shoes Quinny he referred to me as. "Hey, you said it. Sorry, it must suck to have to watch a guy like that go for the hot ones and leave you to the side. You know I wouldn't have don't that in high school if you would have just... You know." He said. He was a bigger ass then Brendon ever was.

I shrugged, giving an evil glare to him. "So your saying he only dates the hot ones?" I asked, referring to his earlier statement.

"Yes of course. Only hot chicks." He repeated himself. This will be fun.

"Huh. Makes sense." I said, placing my hands on my hips and looking up to him. "What do you mean?" He asked, giving me a 'your making yourself look dumb' look.

"Brendon!" I yelled enough for him to hear me and politely exit the conversation he was having with my parents and a couple others. "You know him? Oh I forgot, you got a job at his offices. Must hurt to see him with other women huh?" He mimicked, attempting to pick up his ego.

That was probably easy considering how high it was.

"Something like that." I said sassily, watching Brendon walk over to us. He stopped next to me and smiled, looking at Dustin.

"Who's this, Quinn?" He asked, I could tell he was trying to see what our history was like, which he might now have liked very much. "This is an old... Friend, of mine, Dustin." I said, allowing Brendon and extend a hand to Dustin to shake.