-49-

There were a lot of people coming in, a lot more than expected, but there seemed to be a place for everyone. Girlfriends and boyfriends of original guests, surprise family members, and they were all coming from Brendon's side.

Everyone had introduced themselves to me by now, and I could tell the were judging me and my family. I can't believe Brendon is related to these people, they are so shallow and rude when someone with lesser power is near them. I just shook it off, though. After all, they were the family of my boyfriend.

There was one person, though. It was a tall, broad looking male that sort of lurked behind everyone. I didn't notice him until Liz pointed him and described him as "mysterious and sexy" which I don't feel the same about. He gave off a creepy vibe, but it would be impolite to ask around about him.

"So, ah, Quinn, you think you could help me out with one of Brendon's cousins?" She asked, butting at my side as she approached me. I giggled, "Sure, if you're into snobby and preppy."

"Hey, like Brendon is any different." Liz countered, leaning against the counter next to me. I shook my head, "He is. He doesn't trash about people that don't make his salary. He's got class, I just don't where exactly he got it from." Liz rolled her eyes, "Alright, well you know where to find me. Near the booze and the hot guys."

I laughed it off and let her walk away, leaning me in the place I had been standing for a while now. I'm socially awkward on my own, but something this is terrible.

Brendon's mother walked up to me with a very fruity looking martini in hand, dressed in a long black dress and a faux fur coat. "Oh dear, you and Brendon did just a fine job setting this party up." She spoke extravagantly, tilting her martini glass to her pruned lips and taking a sip. She isn't the nicest lady, I should add. We've met once and the experience wasn't too swell.

"Thank you, Miss Urie." I said politely, tapping my finger on the table in place of sipping on a drink. I needed to be stone cold sober for if anything goes south tonight.

"I'm surprised, really. Brendon used to do charity work, but I didn't think he would go this far into it." She chuckled, coughing after about ten seconds of it. I didn't say anything. I just shook it off, because it's there's no good in fighting back at this moment.

"I have to find Brendon, enjoy." I excused, finally moving from my original camp-out spot to look for him. I looked all around the house and found nothing, not until I got to his office.

Brendon was standing in front of one of the huge windows that bordered the walls, giving the room it's own space. He had a short glass of what looked to be whiskey, which normally meant he was thinking of something.

I walked slowly behind him, trying not to startle him as he swirled around the brownish-orange liquid in the glass. I wrapped my arms around his sides and let them connect in the front.

"I didn't think this would stress me out. I'm a smooth talker, I should be good at this stuff." Brendon said, letting out a long breath of air. I pulled an arm away and grabbed the glass from his hand and placed it on the desk next to us. "Something tells me that's not why you are nervous. What's up?" I asked, walking around so I was in front of him.

"I can't tell you that." He said. I crossed my eye brows and frowned, giving him a pouty face. "Why not? It's not nice to lie." I said, letting him wrap his arms around mine.

"I'm not lying. I'm just not telling you something. Besides, you will know soon enough, I just need to talk to someone about it first." He said, rubbing his oddly warm hands up and down my colder ones. "Whatever." I said jokingly, turning and grabbing his hand, walking out of the room and back to the party.

~~~

The rest of the party was... eventful. We are and talked and I got talked about. It was almost like clue or something but without the murder. All the rumors and suspicions about nothing. It was stupid but sort of fun to hear what people were saying about me. It was mostly stuff like, "She's just a gold digger" or "She's not as pretty as his ex".

"I want to ask you something." I said to Brendon as I kicked off my heels and attempted to zip my dress down on my own. "Yes?" He asked, coming up behind me and unzipping my dress for me. I turned and tilted my head to him as if saying thank you.

"I-Have, have you ever thought of... I don't know, like, something... more?" I struggled to say, twiddling with my fingers as I spoke. Brendon smiled small out of the corner of his mouth as he untied his tie, loosening the hold it had on his neck and tossing it onto the dresser.

"I know what you are talking about, and that's for another day. But, I do want to ask you something as well." Brendon said, taking off his suit jacket along with his shirt.

I know it's stupid to say, but I still get a little bit nervous when I'm in the same room as Brendon when he's naked. Its a good feeling, though.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Brendon stared before me, "Actually, I'm telling you. You should move in with me."

That caught me by surprise, actually. It's not what I expected from him, at all. I'm not mad, though. This is a house I would love to call mine as well.

"I can't afford to pay half of the rent for a place like this, you realize." Was all I said. Brendon rolled his eyes and dropped his dress pants, leaving me to feel very over dressed, seeing as I still had my dress on.

"You don't need to worry about that. Toss me my pajama bottoms, please." He said, extending a hand to me. I nodded and turned around, grabbing the pants he was referring to and handing them to him. "So, you're serious?" I asked, sliding off my dress and letting it hit the floor. This left me in nothin gout my underwear.

Brendon let his eyes wonder, licking his lips before continuing, "Well, if it means I can come home to this everyday, I'll take it."

I laughed off his comment and turned around, grabbing one of his shirts, because I had none there.. yet.

"Okay, under one condition." I said, pulling the shirt over my body.

Brendon leaned against the dresser, cocking an eyebrow to me, "Mhm?"

"There will be no more problems. No more fake cheating or actual cheating, no breaking up, no hurting, just peace."

Brendon smiled and stood back up, walking closer to me. "Promise. I love you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"And I to you."