-54-

Day 5

Darren was kind enough to drive me to the hospital, even though it was in another state and he had just met me.

On the way there, I got his whole story, because it turned out he wasn't like the people at that party either, but a more professional-staged man.

Darren had a great, full time job at a bank, giving him nice pay and good insurance. He had a wife and two children that he adored, so his life was going pretty nicely, well, that was until life hit. He came home one day to his wife in bed with another man. She left him without a word, taking their kids with her, which ripped him to shreds. Then, he got laid off at his job, resulting in things officially turning to shit.

So, he partied, and ended up with me. Life sucks, huh?

When we entered the hospital, everything was quite, a little too quite for a hospital. The nurses and desk workers were pretty quiet, minding their own business, which was once again, odd for a hospital, especially a hospital in Vegas.

"Is there where we part?" Darren asked as we stoped in the waiting room. I sighed, giving myself a second to think. I could take him, because he did seem pretty interested in Brendon on the day to the hospital, I just don't know how Brendon will feel about it.

"No, come see him with me." I said softly, giving him a warm smile. He smiled wide, "Are you sure?" I laughed slightly, seeing how he grew nervous, "Yes, it's the least I can do, after all you did drive me over a state."

He smiled and nodded, and then we walked tot he front desk.

"Hi, I'm Quinn Sawyer, here for Brendon Urie." I spoke, the smile washing from my face as I came to a realization as to why I was here.

The lady quickly sat up after I stated why I was here, brushing the crumbs from the sandwich she was previously eating off her pencil skirt. "Yes, Miss Sawyer, Mr. Urie is in room 104." She spoke, smiling wide. I nodded and smiled back, and then turned to the 100 hallway.

As we walked, I decided to ask Darren some questions I had no answers to, "So, Darren, answer me honestly, did you see me with a bleach blonde kid last night?"

Darren looked at me nervously before biting down hard to his bottom lip. "Yes." He answered shortly, not making direct eye contact with me.

"Well? What did we do?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow to the side of his face. "I don't think you want to know." He said, looking to the floor.

"I really do."

"You really don't."

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad?"

"Solid seven."

I made a noise by sucking air through my teeth. "I can take a seven." I reasoned.

"You guys made out, and then went into the guest room, he took of your shirt, you took off his, and then you fell asleep before you guys finished." He caved, practically biting his nails like a school girl finding out her test grade was below average.

"Oh." I said, trying to decide if it was really that bad, or at least bad enough to tell Brendon.

He sighed, "Yea. I think this is our room."

This was the moment, the moment I got to see my boyfriend for the first time awake in a little over a week, which was actually pretty hard to grasp onto, seeing as yesterday I was convinced he was dead.

I put a tight grip onto the metal door handle, taking in a deep breath before actually turning the handle, opening he door.

And there he was, sitting in a wheelchair, Brendon Urie. He looked... great, actually. He was glowing, and his hair looked great as usual. He was dressed in a white button up and black dress pants, dress shoes on his feet, as usual.

"Brendon?" I said softly, getting his attention.

He turned his head, his face lighting up when he saw me. "Quinn! Come here!" He boasted, his arms extended to me, seeing as nothing else could.

Too soon, sorry.

I smiled, seeing he was just as happy to see me as I had hopped. I walked over to him, leaning down and hugging his torso, his cologne comfortable filling my nose. It made me so happy to be able to touch him again, smell him, feel him, love him.

"I thought you were dead." I spoke softly through tears, my heart falling from its original place to my stomach. "Oh, baby, please don't cry." He said, brushing through my hair lightly with his fingers.

I got on my knees, so I could get to him better, and pulled back from him, placing my hands on his cheeks. "I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He replied, kissing me before I got the chance.

Darren awkwardly coughed in the background, stopping the well drawn out kiss. "Oh, I'm sorry, Darren, this is Brendon, Brendon, this is Darren." I said, a smile on my face.

"Who is this, babe?" Brendon asked, a hint of jealously in his voice.

"He is the man that drove me here, and my new friend. Be nice." I said, gritting my teeth a little at the end of the sentence. Brendon obviously forced a smile, looking beyond me and to Darren. Although he was a tall, broad man, Brendon sure seemed to make Darren look small, even with him in a wheelchair.

Damnit, Quinn. Too soon.

"Darren, thank you for driving her here, I appreciate it." Brendon forced once again, this time part of what he said was true. Darren smiled, "You're welcome, Mr. Urie."

"Call him Brendon." I said to him, sitting on one of the arms of Brendon's wheelchair.

Brendon nudged my hip with his elbow, basically telling me no.

Darren cocked an eyebrow, "Is that alright with you, Mr. Urie?" He is a very nice man, if you can't tell already.

I gave Brendon a 'you better say yes' look. "Of course." Brendon said finally, cringing his way through a smile. Darren smiled wider, "Okay, Brendon." Emphasizing the 'Brendon'.

"Okay, Darren, do me a favor and leave, please." Brendon ordered, his tone changing. I scoffed, "Why?" I said objectively.

"Because I don't think our new friend here wants to see us fuck." He said sweetly, looking at me like he was an angel. My eyes widened to the size of the moon, not taking my eyes from Brendon.

Darren nodded and quickly left, shutting the door behind him.

"Now, let's see if being a cripple will stop me from doing what I do best."

--------
A/N
Ahhh they are reunited at last! Not under the best circumstances, but they are together.

Merry Christmas, by the way! Hope it's been as good for you all as it was for me.

Much love, Ireland
Xx