Joker Fakes His Death To Protect You ☻ Part 1

A/N: Tell me if you want a Pt. 2, Puddins 💋

Third Person POV
"Oh, Batman. You just couldn't let me go, could you?" Joker cackles, watching Batman pace in front of him. Tied to a chair and bleeding profusely, Joker shouldn't be one to talk.

"Six people, Joker. You murdered six innocent people to rob a bank," Batman growls, watching Joker laugh for no particular reason.

Joker lurches forward in his chair, his green hair falling by his eyes. "NO ONE is innocent Batman. Not you, not me, and not the six people I killed. Anyway, don't sweat it Batsy, it's all over now," Joker taunts and watches Batman stride toward him.

"How do you sleep at night?" He questions, raising his hand as if to punch Joker.

"I cuddle with Y/N," Joker snaps back but breaks out into a wide grin. "Now, are you going to kill me? You didn't save any of those people and you certainly did some work. Never do anything for free," he laughs and starts stomping his tied feet like a child.

"No. But you will". Joker's smile fades as Batman takes his turn to smile. "We don't want Y/N coming after you, once we get you to Arkham Asylum. So, you're going to fake your death in front of her". Joker shakes his head angrily.

"I'm not going to do that to her. Batman, you don't understand," his voice cracks, almost making him lose his composure.

"With her knowing you're alive Joker, she's in danger. You have to do it if you care about her," Batman replies, somewhat surprised at Joker's devotion to a girl.

"I WILL NOT!" Joker screams, spit flying and tears beginning to wet his cheeks. "I will not".

Batman circles the Joker a couple of times, "all the thugs out there are going to come straight for you knowing you're alive. It's best for you and her. We're going to need your henchmen in on this". Joker's screams stop as he sits, contemplating what's best for himself and most importantly to him, you.

---1 Week Later---

Your POV
"Y/N, WAKE UP! We have a lead on the Joker's whereabouts," Caspar, a henchman yells, and shakes me awake. I run to put on some clothes and five henchmen speed to the van with us.

Still half awake, I groggily tug on Caspar's arm. "Where did you get the tip?" I ask. He leans back and gives me an emotionless expression.

"He told me himself".

"He didn't ask to talk to me?" I ask and look down.

"He wasn't allowed to. I think Batman is playing a part in this". The van lurches and we all climb out.

"J!!!" I scream when I see him standing on a platform.

His eyes water, and he holds his arms out for me. Not hesitating, I run to him and feel him caress my hair. "I'm sorry I was gone for so long. I love you".

"As long as you're here with me, nothing else matters

"As long as you're here with me, nothing else matters. I love you too," I watch as he rolls his head back in happiness from hearing those words.

"Remember me," he mumbles into my ear then brushes his lips over mine. Before he kisses me, he shoves me roughly to the floor and jumps from the ledge.

"NO!" I scream and get up to rush forward from the ledge, but his henchmen grab onto me, holding me back

"NO!" I scream and get up to rush forward from the ledge, but his henchmen grab onto me, holding me back. "Get off of me! Caspar, please! DO SOMETHING!!! J! Joker, I love you!" The henchmen release my arms and I look over the edge to see 'Joker's body' slumped on the ground. I slap my hand over my mouth, bursting into tears. After what seems like an hour, Caspar comes up to me.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. It's what he wanted".

"You knew about this? You son of a-" my chest heaves with my sobs and I lie flat on the ledge, glancing down now and then at his body, too tired and pained to continue crying.