Jared: His Ex Meets You ☻

Your POV
"You're really something, you know," Jared whispers in my ear. I shiver as his fingers reach the opening of my black, open-back dress.

"You look handsome," I reply and run my fingers through his hair. "Where are we going again?"

"Johnny Zinc's benefit dinner," he says, swiping my hair to one shoulder and kissing the other side of my neck.

"Who's going to be there?"

"I have no idea. Remember, we don't want to go public with our relationship right now, baby. So, we're just friends".

---Skip car ride---

"Wow, Jared, It's so fancy here," you comment, watching the women in 10,000 dollar dresses hang off the arms of their nearly dead, millionaire husbands.

"You're right. Zinc told me it was somewhat fancy," he stops when Johnny Zinc walks our way.

"Jared, you're here! And you brought your gorgeous...?"

"friend," I finish for him and he kisses my hand.

"Charmed," he stares at me for a little, when Jared clears his throat. "Oh, sorry. I wanted you two to meet someone," he waves a beautiful blonde girl with striking grey eyes forward and immediately Jared casts his eyes down. "Henrietta, I would like you to meet-"

"Oh, I know who this is," she says, waving up and down at Jared's body

"Oh, I know who this is," she says, waving up and down at Jared's body. "I know him real well".

I smile and hold out my hand, "I'm Y/N, Jared's really good friend".  She just stares at me and I sigh when I see she doesn't want to shake hands. "How do you two know each other?"  I question, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Let's just say your close friend and I did a couple of... business deals together," she smirks, holding eye contact with Jared. I watch his face as his eyes flash between me and this Henrietta woman.

"Y/N, why don't we go get a drink?" Johnny pulls my arm, and walks me over to a drink table, leaving Jared and Henrietta to talk

"Did they used to have a thing?"  I ask, trying not to sound too nosy.

"Well, sugar. By the looks of it, they've still got a thing going". I only catch a little of what Johnny is still saying to me, as I watch their every move, wondering if it's true. "They do look really fantastic together, don't they," Johnny continues. "Don't they?" He touches my arm and I jump out of my daze.

"Wh- oh, yes. Quite fantastic together". Johnny hands me a glass of champagne and starts talking about how amazing my dress is. I try to tune in to what he's saying but I'm tempted to stop the chatter between Jared and the girl. "Sorry, Johnny. Would you excuse me?" He nods and I turn to look for Jared, but he's no where to be seen.

Please don't be cheating on me, I tell myself and walk the corridors to find him but he's nowhere. I step outside and find his back facing me, standing in front of Henrietta. She smiles at me and whispers something in Jared's ear, holding his hand tightly. He turns around, and reaches his arm out towards me while she walks away. I place the champagne glass down and place my hand in his.

"What are you doing out here?" He turns to look at me but doesn't answer. "What were you two talking about and who is she?"

He smiles, "she was an old girlfriend. My first love," Jared explains, pacing back and forth. "She told me she thinks you're beautiful and perfect, and I couldn't agree more. A long, long time ago, I gave her a necklace and told her it was for the girl I loved and would be with forever, at the time thinking that would be her. But tonight, she gave it back. She said it needed to be yours". He walks behind me and hooks the necklace around my neck, "I love you". I turn and hold his face in my hands, kissing his lips softly.

"I love you too, Jared Leto".

A/N: 15 more updates in the works, don't leave me, Puddins!