Stone Cold ☻ Finale!

Inspired by RandomTwerkingBear
- How Joker reacts to her giving up on him.

Small and useless reminder b/c I posted a chapter between the two:

A breeze blows in from the balcony and I look back at Joker, who has his eyes glued on me. "It's okay. Everyone leaves".

Caspar puts a hand on my shoulder, trying to be comforting but only makes things seem worse. His kindness was a necessity when I fell in love with Joker. Caspar was like J's interpreter, helping Joker get out things he couldn't say to me. And now he would be Harley's friend, not mine. Now this 'Harley' had my J and my best friend.

I back away from Caspar and Joker, I knew I had to get out of here before I caused something stupid to happen. Before I leave, I throw my ring into some red jello, watching it suspend in the blood-like substance.

The grounds around the banquet are beautiful, apple trees planted on both sides of the endless driveway, lighting up with the setting sun. Would Joker be looking for me and would I want him to? Now I would never get to sleep with this supply of stressful thoughts.

My car starts up easily and I step on the gas. When I arrive home, I grab everything that reminds me of Joker and throw them into a trash bin. I had this addictive adrenaline feeling that made me feel like I was going crazy. I danced with the bin and brought it outside, immediately lighting it on fire.

"Quite the production," I think out loud and notice someone standing in their backyard. "Don't ya think?" my neighbor hurries inside their home and I hear the door lock.

---three weeks later---

I wasn't happy about waking up alone all the time but I was healthy. Being with J was toxic and now I was recovering. I pick out a corn meal box and look over how easy the directions are.

"Still making cornbread?" I hear a deep voice ask from behind me.

When I turn around, I see Joker grinning. "Only thing I know how to make," I joke, trying to keep my voice from trembling and he snatches the box from my hands, looking over the instructions.

"Yikes. This looks a little too professional for you". I take the box back and continue to walk down the aisle. "Can I ask you something?" He continues and my jaw starts to hurt, it was actually painful talking to him.

"Sure".

"At the party. Before you stormed off, you dropped something in the jello". He pulls the ring out from his pocket and places it on my finger, me watching quietly. I open my mouth to speak but he stops me.
"What did that mean?"

"It means I'm over you, Joker. It means I'm happy for you". If happy meant hurt, than I was happy for him. He runs a hand down his face, he knew I was lying and was going to turn that on me.

"Is that so, Y/N? You know what I think? I think you miss me just as much as I miss you"

"Is that so, Y/N? You know what I think? I think you miss me just as much as I miss you". He leans into my ear and angrily whispers, "you need me". I shake my head no, he was the most selfish person I've ever met.

"I don't need you. You're with Harley now and you hurt me". His smile fades, for maybe the first time since I've met him.

"Well I need you".

I wanted to be with him, everything would go back to the way it was. "That's a shame," I say and he stops where he is. "Because I need you too". He pulls me in by the waist and hugs me.

"Can you make me cornbread?" He whispers against my hair.

"Bad guys don't get the cornbread".