Jared: "Fuck it" ☻

A/N: Trigger warning- parent death

Your POV
"Jared Leto, the safe haven!"
"Jared Leto the kindest man"
"Jared Leto the charitable".

Yeah, that's what they've been calling him since my parents died in a car crash. It's funny what side of the issue media turns to in disasters. They don't look at the fact two people lost their lives, they focus on how some celebrity decided to take me in four months after their death because he was a family friend.

"Don't read that stuff," Jared says when he sees me reading the news on my parents death, in the paper. He grabs the newspaper from my hand and tears it in half.

"Why would you do that?" I ask and smile as I watch him tear up the crap I was reading.

"Who reads fucking newspapers anymore, you old lady?" He jokes and I push him off my bed with my foot. Jared and I have always been really close, it was like a good cousin relationship: you hardly see them but when you do, you're inseparable.

"Get outta here". He holds up his hands and backs out of the room. I've always been close with Jared because he's been the most understanding, even if he is older than me. You would think three months into staying with each other would make us annoyed with one another but it was completely the opposite. We watch movies together and I finally convinced him to watch Mr. Nobody with me. Every time some sexual scene came on I would cover my eyes so he felt more comfortable, but I always left gaps between my fingers. What? It's not like I've never seen his body before. Not like that, but when our families traveled upstate, we would swim and that means no shirt. Anyway...

"Y/N! Help me, help!!" I heard Jared from downstairs and I rushed down the steps, ready to attack someone with my diary. He was standing by the window, the dark night sky casting shadows throughout the room.

"What the fuck, Jared! I thought you were getting murdered," I cry and he holds his hand out to me. I take it in my own and he walks me to the window, pointing at the moon. "Wow. Cool moon," I say sarcastically, still a little peeved at him.

"Sorry. I just wanted to say something to you. You know how we've been together through thick and thin?" I nod my head and look in his blue eyes. "I know it's weird cause I'm so much older than you. But I really, really think I like you". I look down at our hands, still holding one another and I sigh.

"You can't like me, Jared. You're like a cousin to me. It would be so wrong". His face drops and he looks at me for only a second.

"But you're not my cousin. I thought maybe you felt the same way". My heart hurt because I definitely did feel the same but it would only complicate things for him. I knew he was embarrassed and I wanted to hold him, tell him I didn't mean it but I just kept saying things I didn't mean.

"Well, I don't". He looks away and turns to look back at me but decides not to, slowly walking away.

 He looks away and turns to look back at me but decides not to, slowly walking away