Drowning ☻

A/N: bit of a mini imagine. Trigger warning- water?

Your POV
A pair of hands roughly shake me from my slumber. "Y/N! Come on doll, we have to go. Now!" Joker tucks his arms under my knees, and carries me from the cabin room.

"Joker, what's going on?" He doesn't respond but adjusts his hold on me as he runs down the long hallways of the cruise ship. "J-"

"Ship is sinking. F*cking crew members got everyone else off the ship and didn't come to ours- they must know of my reputation," he flashes a brief grin, as though it's a good thing.

"You're gonna get me killed one day. Put me down, we'll be able to get out faster that way," I think aloud and feel him gently put me down. For some unknown reason, I'm surprisingly calm. I guess after dating Joker for a year, I got numb to most of the predicaments I found myself in.

"Two more flights up to the main deck- watch it!" Joker yells and throws himself on top of me just as a gushing of water breaks through a portal window by the staircase. "Fuck". We stayed pressed up against the wall for a moment, although water is flowing by our feet. Joker's hair was a dark green, having been wetted when he blocked the water flow from hitting me. "You look sexy dying," he whispers into my ear.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that. Let's go!" I yell and grab him by the collar of his unbuttoned shirt, dragging him up the last flights. Once we reach the top, we see rescue boats being dropped into the water.

"This won't do, there's no more boat space," I hear Joker growl next to me.

"Well," I start, turning to look around some more, "that one has two perfect empty seats-" BANG! When I whip around to face Joker, his gun is extended and one body is limp in one of the boats. "JOKER!!!??"

"Sorry, doll face, but I'm not trying to be Jack here," Joker says with a slight grin.

"You can't just- ugh!" I feel panic start to set in and look around anxiously to see if anyone had noticed or was willing to stop us

"What? He was going to drop himself in without anyone else getting in," Joker says innocently.

"You're unbelievable, you know".

"I know, Let's go". He grabs my hips and pulls me into the boat, dropping us down with the body. "The medical team will probably be able to fix him up. Do you think the rescue group will have food?"

A/N: Oh, Joker...